Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by robcmk View Post
Thanks, Jiri for your effective work.
I've tried three protocols by CormacB, Blaizzen, and you. Yours was the only one worked. But I'd like the street names announced, too. Can you please have a file that announces the street names posted?
"I have made little changes, e.g. to leave the python server running
forever (no shutdown) "----this function didn't work on my device. Once I exit XT and restart OVI map no voice played. I had to launch the python server each time before using the map. I followed your post, did exactly what you instructed, and repeated 3 times. The results were all the same. Can you suggest why?
Thanks again.
Robert
Dear Robert,

announcing of street names can be re-enabled easily in the
javascript code /usr/share/nokia-maps/html/index.html.
Look for the line with comment "speaking streets does not work except in english" and change the second argument to function
ev.data.maneuver.getSound(navTrans, false) from false to true.

It's hard to say ad hoc why your python server dies after ovi maps are closed - do you use my version, which ignores the "sthudown" command? You might check from the command line whether the
python script remains running and try the telnet or wget accessing it, and further investigate what's happening.

Best regards,
Jiri

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Ok I installed this a couple of months back and after a while the voice navigation eventually stopped working, I don't know why but I never bothered to find a fix.

As I understand there has been some updates since then, but I haven't been following this thread for a while.

So I was wondering if someone could be kind enough to confirm if the voice guidance is now working? If yes, then also direct me to how I can get the latest version of ovi maps with full voice guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
Ok I installed this a couple of months back and after a while the voice navigation eventually stopped working, I don't know why but I never bothered to find a fix.

As I understand there has been some updates since then, but I haven't been following this thread for a while.

So I was wondering if someone could be kind enough to confirm if the voice guidance is now working? If yes, then also direct me to how I can get the latest version of ovi maps with full voice guidance?

Thanks in advance!
It is working for me with the default espeak voice. If you are referring to the map version, I tried version 00.02.41.122 but it did not work out. If you are referring to "ovi maps" the application itself, I don't think there is a newer version after PR1.3. I would suggest to review post #1 again for detail and instructions.

good luck,

note: I setup my network per suggestion in post #340

Last edited by cheve; 2011-05-04 at 00:35.

I'm not exactly sure how to phrase my question but here it what I am trying to do. You can edit /etc/pulse/xpolicy.conf and add an espeak stream so espeak will play at the same time as a media player or rockbox. This works fine and can be tested in OVMserver but the guided voices do not play and therefore nothing plays in ovi maps. What program do I need to add to xpolicy.conf to play these files at the same time as my other media. Is there anyway to pause the media playback?

Also, how do I change the wav volume for espeak if it is too low. The volume is at max in OVMserver but it is too low. I am using MBROLA if that matters.

Thanks for the amazing work on this! One other thought, is it possible to create a poi from microb?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by weavin42 View Post
I'm not exactly sure how to phrase my question but here it what I am trying to do. You can edit /etc/pulse/xpolicy.conf and add an espeak stream so espeak will play at the same time as a media player or rockbox. This works fine and can be tested in OVMserver but the guided voices do not play and therefore nothing plays in ovi maps. What program do I need to add to xpolicy.conf to play these files at the same time as my other media. Is there anyway to pause the media playback?

Also, how do I change the wav volume for espeak if it is too low. The volume is at max in OVMserver but it is too low. I am using MBROLA if that matters.

Thanks for the amazing work on this! One other thought, is it possible to create a poi from microb?
aplay is used to play the sound commands if that's what your looking for
Code:
                    QStringList arguments;
                    arguments << fileLocation;

QProcess *aplayServer = new QProcess(this);

aplayServer->execute("/usr/bin/aplay",arguments);
Regarding the volume, its odd that its still so low. Try without the mbrola as it could be the cause. Otherwise make sure the system volume is to the max. My app does try to set the volume using the -a {vol} argument. If you want, try using espeak from the xterm and see if its the same (with or without the -a argument).

Lastly, you can get POI data from microB. Even from your browser on your desktop.
Code:
http://where.s2g.gate5.de/nsp?q={Search Item}&vi=where&lat={latitude}&lon={longitude}&of=0&to=10&la=en-GB,en-GB&dv=oviMaps&rid=qq4y1Y3M
Save the resultant xml page as your poi-name and copy to your N900

Edit: I should mention that if the POI results contain more than one item, ovi maps will still display them all from the poi data. For example searching for pizza and say it brings back 5 places around you, if you save this as a poi-pizza, and search for it again (by searching for poi-pizza), it'll bring back the same 5 results. It can be useful if you have a set of destinations you want to go to together (deliveries etc). I believe ovi maps will display arrows for you to cycle through the results.

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-05-04 at 04:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Uploaded another version 0.1-14.
No new features. I had a look at the new OVI maps data and voice files, but it'll be difficult to implement as its written in lua and I believe I need bindings to get it to connect to Qt (which also means additional stuff for people to install. So for now, its pushed to the side.

In terms of this update though, I've changed some stuff in the code. Mainly For loops to be Foreach, as its one the main areas I found errors, plus it looks neater in my opinion. Secondly and more importantly, for all people who got seg fault or the app never opens etc, there is now a logging mechanism in the loading phase of the app. It will write a bunch of useful, yet stupidly thought out messages to a "run log" text file, found in your cities folder. I've tried to add the messages before key points in the start up to locate any potential problems for people.

Let me know if there are any issues. If there are with the startup, please post the contents of the run log.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Blaizzen, do you think if it is possible to use somehow latest OVI maps from here? I tried map for my country, I placed it into home/user/MyDocs/cities/diskcache but after that application crashed on start, so I went back to old files.

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
Blaizzen, do you think if it is possible to use somehow latest OVI maps from here? I tried map for my country, I placed it into home/user/MyDocs/cities/diskcache but after that application crashed on start, so I went back to old files.
The map data is unfortunately behind closed doors. Its read by the plugin and since its closed source, it cannot be modified to read the new map data. Only the voice data can be used, but its hard to implement as its in a different language to Qt.

Sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
seems to have gone round in circles a bit. My N95 voice files used to be in Lua.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I, unfortunately, I still get to work the voices in my language, Spanish.