Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Which is? (I.e., I have not found that place in the JollaOS settings, yet.)
System/Events/Weather

Vlad.

+1

I installed meecast-eventview many weeks ago and this release was offered to me in Warehouse yesterday as it should. When choosing to update it installed fine.

NB: But yet it does not show anything or I am missing, where it displays the forecast (or the switch to turn meecast-eventview on).
Try to reboot your device.

Vlad.

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
System/Events/Weather

Vlad.
Thanks, but on my Jolla phone, there are just the two "old" (since JollaOS 1.9) entries, "Weather" and "Calendar".
So I uninstalled meecast-eventview, rebooted, installed meecast-eventview again, still had no third entry in Settings->System->Events, rebooted again, still no extra entry, but ...
... hey, it is Meecast's forecast shown in the Eventview! Probably a single reboot would have done it (without reinstalling meecast-eventview), but I was looking for a special entry for meecast-eventview in Settings->System->Events.

Such a possibility to activate and deactivate meecast-eventview independently from the Foreca-eventview would be nice, though. Currently this has to be emulated by installing and uninstalling meecast-eventview.
Furthermore, I perceived it as a little surprising, that the installation of meecast-eventview simply "overwrites" (just behaviorally: the On/Off setting and the actual entry in eventview) Foreca-eventview completely. A separate entry in Settings->System->Events would eliminate this behavior (both aspects; why not let somebody display both weather forecasts in the eventview), and hence this perception.

Last edited by olf; 2015-10-12 at 19:42.

Vlad,

I like the on-tap expansion and collapse of the multi-day forecast a lot.

But as I am using the Jolla phone primarily in landscape mode, I would rather like to see the seven next days, not just the next four. Is there an entry in a configuration file, which I can edit?

And [feature suggestion], if a long tap starts Meecast (currently it does nothing), that would be really cool.

Hi again,
I just uploaded the new version of Meecast Evenet View to OpenRepos.

Changelog:
Fixed problem with 5days weather forecast and added Last update.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Vlad,

I like the on-tap expansion and collapse of the multi-day forecast a lot.

But as I am using the Jolla phone primarily in landscape mode, I would rather like to see the seven next days, not just the next four. Is there an entry in a configuration file, which I can edit?

And [feature suggestion], if a long tap starts Meecast (currently it does nothing), that would be really cool.
Now it's not configurable. How I can set Event View to Landscape mode?

Thanks for suggestion.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
How I can set Event View to Landscape mode?
I am using Coderus' "Patch: Allow any orientation for all SailfishOS applications" [1] v0.1.2-1 ("UI Rotate Free" in Patchmanager when installed), but there are similar patches in Warehouse (e.g. [2]).
EVERYTHING follows (e.g.) dynamic orientation then, except for a few system pop-ups.

[1]: https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...s-applications
[2]: https://openrepos.net/content/rikudo...-apps-rotation

Last edited by olf; 2015-10-12 at 21:19.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
How I can set Event View to Landscape mode?
https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...tsview-sidebar

This patch seems to be superseded by ([2] in my posting below)
https://openrepos.net/content/rikudo...-apps-rotation.

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Thanks, but on my Jolla phone, there are just the two "old" (since JollaOS 1.9) entries, "Weather" and "Calendar".
So I uninstalled meecast-eventview, rebooted, installed meecast-eventview again, still had no third entry in Settings->System->Events, rebooted again, still no extra entry, but ...
... hey, it is Meecast's forecast shown in the Eventview! Probably a single reboot would have done it (without reinstalling meecast-eventview), but I was looking for a special entry for meecast-eventview in Settings->System->Events.

Such a possibility to activate and deactivate meecast-eventview independently from the Foreca-eventview would be nice, though. Currently this has to be emulated by installing and uninstalling meecast-eventview.
Furthermore, I perceived it as a little surprising, that the installation of meecast-eventview simply "overwrites" (just behaviorally: the On/Off setting and the actual entry in eventview) Foreca-eventview completely. A separate entry in Settings->System->Events would eliminate this behavior (both aspects; why not let somebody display both weather forecasts in the eventview), and hence this perception.
Hell olf,

There has been same kind of operation earlier also. It has been stopped working, when updated meecast.

Solution for always has been this that uninstalled eventsview meecast addon and install it again. Then it just pops up to events view

There is no separate controls to manage Jolla weather app vs meecast app

And vasvlad,

THANKS for the 5 day weather! Awesome

Send you donation in some point

Edit: Umm, is there donation button for you?

Best Regards,
Mikko

The Following User Says Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post: