Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reston, VA
hello

noob to maemo and n900! enjoying it so far, but frustrated cannot get mfe to work. i believe we have mfe2007, but i get the error "either server requires secure connection or account is disabled." this is confusing as i have it working on my mac and iphone currently. if anyone can clue me in i would greatly appreciate it.

i hope i can figure this out, i will see if my it department at the school i work at may be able to authorize it. anything i should try out other than perseverate over non-functioning email?

thanks and look forward to learning maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to 5tapl3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
Hi, waiting on my n900 to arrive from Amazon. It's status has been shipping for 5 days. And I am irritated that I apparently have to post several times before I can get premission to send a pm.

I'm a dev, and I'm excited to try python programming on this environment. I need to download the vm linux image and try it out this weekend!

Last edited by RNK; 2009-12-04 at 17:55. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to RNK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ East Texas
Newly registered here... I must say... I just found maemo and the NITs here in the past few weeks... I just love these things... I already have 6!

This site has helped me several times with flashing and a few other little things. Thanks to all of the contributors.

These are the first devices I am buying for my kids. I like them for the control I can have and their potential usefulness for the kids. I just wish I could find an easy way for the external monitor on the N8X0s...

I may buy the wife the N900... we'll see.

The Following User Says Thank You to slimbeaux For This Useful Post:
Just joined last night! I'll be needing a lot of help from the community here since I'm a newb witn linux and maemo! =]

The Following User Says Thank You to vinni3winni3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by slimbeaux View Post
Newly registered here... I must say... I just found maemo and the NITs here in the past few weeks... I just love these things... I already have 6!

This site has helped me several times with flashing and a few other little things. Thanks to all of the contributors.

These are the first devices I am buying for my kids. I like them for the control I can have and their potential usefulness for the kids. I just wish I could find an easy way for the external monitor on the N8X0s...

I may buy the wife the N900... we'll see.
Welcome, Slimbeaux!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Will Nokia N900 be upgradable to Maemo 6 ? Kindly confirm if anybody from Nokia or Maemo .

Cheers

"Guten Tag" from Germany

I am a (learning) developer and basically very interested in the whole Maemo / N900 opportunity, as it may be just what I sought for these past years...

Well, knowing how severely I do research something I want to invest in, I have to thank this wonderful community for supplying this vast amount of info and thought!

I hope to end up here, N900 at hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to youNit For This Useful Post:
n900 has landed. Lisbon — Portugal
Nice to meet you all!

The Following User Says Thank You to n900evangelist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Hi Guys..Since i am new to this, few dumb questions..
1.If i buy n900 on pay as you go, is it locked with the provider? Can i use my own personal sim? Or sim free option is good?
2. Will the n900 purchased in UK, work in India? Any GSM/frequency conflicts? I assume that i cannot take it to a nokia dealer in india if its bricked, right?
------------------
pisthpeeps - proud owner of 6230i for 4 yrs :-)

Hey everyone. My first post. Been lurking on site for a few weeks and decided to pick up a N900 from the NYC Nokia store. Works great so far!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapscallion For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org