Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
getprop persist.audio.fluence.voicecall gives me an empty line, so it's probably the same bug. Do I get this right? Whatever I put into the build.prop file is not going to make it into the system.

You made that suggestion in November. I wonder, has anyone tried?

Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out how to use logcat (sorry).
I am quite sure that its the same bug, which is a great news - possibly its not a hardware problem!

OK, let's see with the logcat. Logcat is easy when you know where to look. In N4 and OPX, its under

/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat

Since we look only for the loaded microphone, you could just pipe it to grep mic. So, to see the microphone,

devel-su
/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat | grep mic

wait few seconds

dial a phone number. Note that the microphone will be loaded at the beginning of the call, you don't even have to get someone to pick it up. If, while having default build.prop (I presume its configured for noise cancelling, as in N4), you would not see dmic loaded this bug is affecting you.

Re trying: I am quite sure that @sledges did try to rebuild his N5 image and got the expected (loading dmic) results. I could see that on https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada...for_hammerhead the OTA to 2.0.2 has noise-cancelling, but its suggested for devs only.

I don't know which version are you guys running on N5. OPX and N4 are on 2.0.5.x . Maybe its time to ask on IRC regarding the plans of rebuilding N5 image if it hasn't been done yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
P.S. SOLVED!!! Sorry, I missed the missing d.

Just a quick follow up.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Nope, the sensors service sometimes crashes or does not start on boot, just restart it with
Code:
devel-su systemctl restart sensorsfw
and everything should be fine.
When I issue that command I get an error:

Code:
[nemo@Nexus5 ~]$ devel-su systemctl restart sensorsfw
Password: 
Failed to issue method call: Unit sensorsfw.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

Last edited by dubliner; 2017-01-07 at 13:32. Reason: Problem solved

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your very helpful posting! It pains me that I cannot contribute much to the discussion, however, here are a few tidbits.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Since we look only for the loaded microphone, you could just pipe it to grep mic. So, to see the microphone,

devel-su
/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat | grep mic

wait few seconds

dial a phone number.
Ah, now I finally got it. Here's my result:

Code:
D/audio_hw_primary(  981): select_devices: out_snd_device(9: voice-handset) in_snd_device(23: handset-mic)
D/audio_hw_primary(  981): enable_snd_device: snd_device(23: handset-mic)
D/audio_hw_primary(  981): disable_snd_device: snd_device(23: handset-mic)
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I don't know which version are you guys running on N5. OPX and N4 are on 2.0.5.x . Maybe its time to ask on IRC regarding the plans of rebuilding N5 image if it hasn't been done yet.
I have been running 2.0.5.6 ever since Christmas. Prior to that I followed the instructions that started off this thread which installed 2.0.1.11. It was exactly the echo/hands-free issues which drove me to try and upgrade to 2.0.5.6. However, the result has been identical.

BTW, whatever happened to RealJohnGalt?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Thanks for your very helpful posting! It pains me that I cannot contribute much to the discussion, however, here are a few tidbits.

Ah, now I finally got it. Here's my result:

Code:
D/audio_hw_primary(  981): select_devices: out_snd_device(9: voice-handset) in_snd_device(23: handset-mic)
D/audio_hw_primary(  981): enable_snd_device: snd_device(23: handset-mic)
D/audio_hw_primary(  981): disable_snd_device: snd_device(23: handset-mic)

I have been running 2.0.5.6 ever since Christmas. Prior to that I followed the instructions that started off this thread which installed 2.0.1.11. It was exactly the echo/hands-free issues which drove me to try and upgrade to 2.0.5.6. However, the result has been identical.

BTW, whatever happened to RealJohnGalt?
OK, so you are using analog mic and the bug is there. That's good, since that should be possible to fix.

When you updated to 2.0.5.6, you probably did not update the packages which are N5 specific - since they are not released.

Now when we know that the bug is there, I would suggest to go to IRC #sailfishos-porters channel on Freenode and ask for help. Its extremely helpful community and I am sure that N5 developers would do their best to help you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
I don't have the microphone echo problem on the later device adaptation. The image is 2.0.4.13 (device adaptation 0.0.1.5) and updates fine to 2.0.5.6. The only problem with that image is that sfdroid won't work on it. That doesn't bother me, but it might you.

Furthermore, with build.prop edits I listed earlier in the thread on the old hardware adaptation, I was still able to get rid of the echo on 2.0.5.6.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
I don't have the microphone echo problem on the later device adaptation. The image is 2.0.4.13 (device adaptation 0.0.1.5) and updates fine to 2.0.5.6. The only problem with that image is that sfdroid won't work on it. That doesn't bother me, but it might you.

Furthermore, with build.prop edits I listed earlier in the thread on the old hardware adaptation, I was still able to get rid of the echo on 2.0.5.6.
Could you please check if you have symlinks of following files in /etc?

acdbdata
mixer_paths.xml
mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Could you please check if you have symlinks of following files in /etc?

acdbdata
mixer_paths.xml
mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml
On my 2.0.5.6 (upgraded from 2.0.1.11) only two of these symlinks exist.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Dec 24 12:48 acdbdata -> /system/etc/acdbdata
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Dec 24 12:48 mixer_paths.xml -> /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

Should I establish that missing link? Where should it link to? There is no /system/etc/mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml file on my phone.

Last edited by dubliner; 2017-01-07 at 14:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
On my 2.0.5.6 (upgraded from 2.0.1.11) only two of these symlinks exist.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Dec 24 12:48 acdbdata -> /system/etc/acdbdata
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Dec 24 12:48 mixer_paths.xml -> /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

Should I establish that missing link? Where should it link to? There is no /system/etc/mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml file on my phone.
These 3 files fix audio echoing during calls on FairPhone2. Maybe the auxpcm file is only available on FP2.

Maybe the problem is gone with my CM13 port, when i get it finished....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
I don't have the microphone echo problem on the later device adaptation. The image is 2.0.4.13 (device adaptation 0.0.1.5) and updates fine to 2.0.5.6.
@deprecated: Just curious, do you have all of those three symlinks in /etc which mautz mentioned here?

acdbdata
mixer_paths.xml
mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
@deprecated: Just curious, do you have all of those three symlinks in /etc which mautz mentioned here?
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm currently moving, so when I get situated I'll check this out. Will keep you posted!

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid