Active Topics

Hello, I'm new here eagerly awaiting my n900 from Dell. I'm new to maemo, been using winmo on HTC devices for the past few years. I enjoyed custom roms on winmo, but was looking for something a little different, not interested in android and apple is not for me. I'm excited to see what developlments on maemo the community can come up with and help contribute to a great experience with this device.

The Following User Says Thank You to GoBeavs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bahrain
Hi All,

I'm an iPhone 1st Gen owner, strongly considering the N900. Also thinking of getting into development for the N900, seeing as I need to purchase a Mac to develop for the iPhone.

Looking forward to seeing how things go when people actually get their hands on the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Dunne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 5tapl3r View Post
hello

noob to maemo and n900! enjoying it so far, but frustrated cannot get mfe to work. i believe we have mfe2007, but i get the error "either server requires secure connection or account is disabled." this is confusing as i have it working on my mac and iphone currently. if anyone can clue me in i would greatly appreciate it.

i hope i can figure this out, i will see if my it department at the school i work at may be able to authorize it. anything i should try out other than perseverate over non-functioning email?

thanks and look forward to learning maemo

Dear Friend , Secure Connection isn't an error of Device. While setting up the account you will find an option Secure connection which should be OFF. If it dosent work then come to the second issue that you are facing is " account is disabled". do try write your user name with your complete email address like 123@456.com. If you are already writing full email address then do also try it without @456.com.
Hopefully this will resolve your issue.

Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to farrukhgondal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Greetings folks, I'm a possible soon-to-be owner of the n900. Shopped for the n800/810 a year or so back but passed due to the age of those products. With the release of the n900 I'm again seriously considering purchasing one of these neat tools. It would also be a happy replacement for my ancient Dell X3i pda and old Nokia 2115i cell phone.

A google search on if Maemo5 could be installed on the n810 (nope) led me to the forums here, this place is a wealth of information. Hopefully after the holidays I'll be buying the n900 (also depending if I can float it by the wife heh) and I'm sure I'll be on here asking all sorts of questions.

Anyways I'm glad to have found this place and I look forward to sorting through all the posts and advice for juicy tidbits of data.

-Code

The Following User Says Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
Hello, everybody! I'm a current user of a jailbroken iPhone 3G, and even in that state I find it to be too restrictive. I'm a big fan of open source software. I use OS X, Windows, and Linux on different machines (although I'm certainly no Linux/command line expert). I'm planning on purchasing an N900 around Christmas, so I have decided to start lurking around here and research/plan out some stuff I'll be doing on my new device. Any links/guides/general information about some awesome capabilities of this device are greatly appreciated, haha.

The Following User Says Thank You to gamof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
New here. Signed up yesterday and look forward to learning a lot about the community. I was a previous Iphone owner and converted to the N900. it's on its way to me now. I hope to receive it soon, or at least before Christmas so I have some break time to play with it!!

Again, I look forward to learning from you all. I am not a coder, but I am trying to learn. I am using this as an opportunity to learn. I would be more than happy to help out with documentation, etc. PM me if you have any ideas.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrWh1t3 For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone. I just bought a used N800 to tinker around with. I must say, I'm pretty impressed by both it and the community here at Maemo.org. I've only had my N800 for about a week, but I've already:

*Cloned Maemo to an SD card
*Installed Easy Debian
*Modified things that I probably shouldn't have (screen rotation, various other tweaks)

All thanks to the wealth of information in these forums and the wiki. This is a great site and the Nokia internet tablets are great devices. Let's keep them both going!

The Following User Says Thank You to joeystitch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by joeystitch View Post
Hi everyone. I just bought a used N800 to tinker around with. I must say, I'm pretty impressed by both it and the community here at Maemo.org. I've only had my N800 for about a week, but I've already:

*Cloned Maemo to an SD card
*Installed Easy Debian
*Modified things that I probably shouldn't have (screen rotation, various other tweaks)

All thanks to the wealth of information in these forums and the wiki. This is a great site and the Nokia internet tablets are great devices. Let's keep them both going!
Welcome to the forum, I also am an N800 user.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hi everybody!

I'm a proud owner of a new Nokia N900 since yesterday. In other words, a total Maemo n00b Looking forward to learn more and to share my experiences with other members of the community.

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Hello all,

Im a new proud owner of Nokia N900 and im loving it!
I got it last Friday and been hooked to it since then..

Ive been browsing through this community for a few days I decided I want to join and help out!

I hope I can be of good use as a designer and I hope I can help some programmers out with ther User Interface if needed or any graphical solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to gilamonyet For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org