Active Topics

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Code:
Linux Nokia-N800-43-7 2.6.21-omap1 #2 PREEMPT Sun Mar 13 23:29:39 CET 2011 armv61 unknown
That date looks right, should be the "update 2" dt kernel.

Was I supposed to actually get "noname" as part of the string (and not get "Nokia-N800-43-7"), or did I get to the new Diablo Turbo correctly?

The 43-7 in that string seems a bit surprising since "About Product" from the control panel says "Version: 5.2010.33-1". (5.2008.43-7 was the code for my pre-CSSU OS.)
"Nokia-N800-43-7" is just the hostname. It's set from the contents of /etc/hostname at boot time, and has nothing to do with (and is useless for identifying) the OS version. The CSSU doesn't change it either, that would be evil since some people prefer to set it to something else, or enter it in DHCP server configurations etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by tso View Post
Sorry, either crash or otherwise shut down.

I have sadly never caught it in the act, because my best indicator is that ASUI stops showing the orange long press indicator on the memory use readout.
It happens to me sometimes, but I think it always happened at boot, the times I checked syslog/dmesg showed nothing, and the last time I checked for /dev/ramzswap0 and it was there, and swapon worked just fine.
I guess that for some reason (may be some af-* script) it gets umounted.
I'll move the rc script to start later in the boot process to see if that fixes it.

Here its start order is S20, but I don't reboot very often. I also don't use ASUI (nothing against it, just never got around to trying it) either, not sure if its scripts and ramzez's have any unintended interractions.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Code:
Linux Nokia-N800-43-7 2.6.21-omap1 #2 PREEMPT Sun Mar 13 23:29:39 CET 2011 armv61 unknown
Last DT kernel was 13mar2011 so you have it installed correctly.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
I'll move the rc script to start later in the boot process to see if that fixes it.
Let me know the new levels if you change and release.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Here its start order is S20, but I don't reboot very often. I also don't use ASUI (nothing against it, just never got around to trying it) either, not sure if its scripts and ramzez's have any unintended interractions.
I don't think he meant ASUI was causing problems, just that swap disappeared and no longer showed in ASUI.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Does it happen often enough that running syslogd would be useful?
i have no idea.

i am getting a fair number of forced reboots lately. Not sure if it is my battery that is going bad (causing a certain power management system to crash, thanks Nokia), or if it is Opera that is causing something (usually what is running when it happens).

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i am getting a fair number of forced reboots lately.
Do /proc/bootreason & /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_resets point to anything specific?

Not sure if it is my battery that is going bad (causing a certain power management system to crash, thanks Nokia)
When I had that it was always rebooting within a minute or two of plugging in, and never when not on the charger.

Will try to remember checking next time i get one.

Edit: had a look just for a lark (and as a reference point).

bootreason shows: 32wd to

when it comes to lifeguard_reset, i am guessing that the line with a * at the end is the one that was the most recent trigger.

if that's the case, then it was /usr/sbin/dsp_dld that cause the most resent reset event.

Last edited by tso; 2011-07-14 at 19:57.

That's
Code:
/var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_restarts
(not 'resets')

Both can exist, lifeguard_restarts shows processes that died for whatever reason and were restarted by dsme, while lifeguard_resets shows processes that made dsme trigger a complete reboot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008