Active Topics

Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Has this been here yet?
ST-Ericsson goes bust.
http://nokiagadgets.com/2013/03/18/s...a-be-affected/
Maybe the reason for delay or more delays to come?
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Yeah, that was expected, but Jolla didn't say whether it'll affect their first release or not. I guess if they'll be delayed - they'll announce it.
It wasn't clear whether they'd definitely go bust originally, only that they'd go their separate ways...
I hope this hasn't resulted in delays, I was skeptical about them using STE's top-end SoC* (from perf. perspective let alone delivery), maybe they switched to Qualcomm long ago now.

*not sure they'd even use that anyway, probably the next one down :-/

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Thing is, Jolla phones was already delayed by ~6 months. Reason could be this.
"up to 6mth", anywhere from 0-6mth....

Anyway, can we please get back to the main focus/intent of this thread please (unless the case can be made that this content is relevant in some way).

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-19 at 05:08. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Jolla have confirmed they at least intend to support CardDAV/CalDAV.

https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/statuses/313645867150221312

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
One for the docs I guess, have they said whether they'll support Google's new standard?
*EDIT* I've asked them using that Twitter link...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-19 at 17:13.

I let Stskeeps know about Google concerns and whitelisting etc. I'll add info that generic CalDAV / CarDAV will be supported to the doc. Do you want to transfer ready answers to maemo.org wiki? I'll have limited time these couple of weeks, I'll have more time later to do it.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-03-20 at 15:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I want to know if Jolla will have NFC? How big is NFC in china and is they using Mifare standard etc...

Question raised cause I port my nextgen NfcKeyring(stores all pins/password on phone crypotate using AES standard and Tag as AESKey) to Sailfish atm...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I want to know if Jolla will have NFC? How big is NFC in china and is they using Mifare standard etc...

Question raised cause I port my nextgen NfcKeyring(stores all pins/password on phone crypotate using AES standard and Tag as AESKey) to Sailfish atm...
Can you help transfer stuff to the Wiki that's cleared-up, & and add new content (like what you just raised) to the docs?
I suspect there's other good content raised in this thread over the last mth or so that hasn't been added, but I'm not sure we should go back to open-slather access to the docs.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Have they said whether they'll support Google's new standard?
*EDIT* I've asked them using that Twitter link...
Still no response from them, typical...
https://twitter.com/JediTWang/status/314325368817479680
update: seems they have provided a response now

Their response about STE's woes, not sure if much can be read into it though :-/
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/314294904832528384

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-20 at 16:55. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Someone pointed me to this: https://code.google.com/p/qt-google-calendar/

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Excuse up front if this topic has been covered elsewhere.

I would like to know if Sailfish is going to support non-cloud synchronization solutions. Preferably by syncevolution support, (which would include MS ActiveSync support) to allow exchange with common PIM desktop-solutions, like Evolution and Mozilla Thunderbird.

AFAIK it doesn't work (at least I didn't get it to work) on the N900 and my N9*; - something that annoys me to no end. Would I have the skills I'd start working on something, but I'd rather see a Sailfish OS native solution, built-in and ready to roll.

It does surprise me, to hardly see any non-cloud results when googling. Does everyone use a cloud solution or is no one interested in desktop/mobile PIM exchange?

* I run Evolution on various Debian (based) systems.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Not sure about CardDAV, but for Caldav you can use calendarserver with most Linux distros. And sync against your local machine.

There is also davical - looks like it works with CardDAV.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-03-20 at 17:31.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Not sure about CardDAV, but for Caldav you can use calendarserver with most Linux distros. And sync against your local machine.

There is also davical - looks like it works with CardDAV.
I know, but the problem lies for me in the lack of platforms supporting it. For instance, my girlfriend runs Debian on her EEE, but has a Samsung SG2. Sometimes we share appointments, so I would rather go for ActiveSync (even though it's Microsoft), that at least is natively supported by Android as well as syncevolution. CardDAV is ok, but limited and buggy and not very much cross-platform, again, if I am not mistaken. Syncevolution with proper non-cloud support would allow me to use the same protocol sharing PIM with her Android and EEE machine from both my phone and desktop, which is also usefull during the maintenance of her EEE.

For me it would be a relieve if Sailfish would finally allow users to use an implementation of syncevolution that does not rely on a remote cloud server.

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open