Active Topics

Notices

hello again. i have a question. how to connect to those wifi network(WEP) where no password is needed. its not free rather the phones or laptops mac address is used to access the network. the wifi is not protected with any password but it doesnot also connect. this setup is in my office. i gave my mac address to the incharge and then i could connect it. is der anyway to use these networks without giving the mac address. i wanted to test it if possible. jst asking out of curiosity.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
You can change your macadress to an allowed macaddress.
Here at home I have 10 allowed macadresses(including) setted in my router.Still I am vulnerable to be misused as my N900 is always connected if I am at home

If you are connected to the router you are a client. With airodump-ng you could see clients macadress connected to that router. So this setup is still vulnerable as macadress can be read from a client, read that mac adn spoof macadress on another device and you can connect.

how to do that in cleven or in terminal. like what commands should i type to see which mac addresses are connected. for that dont i hav to connect to that network? what if i am a total new user and my mac address is not set in the router? then what to do? how can i use that wifi network then?

This is not Cleven-related issue. Please, consult aircrack-ng webpage/forums, on how to use airodump-ng to get proper MAC addresses. Not to mention, that mr_pingu already answered You.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
a little help woudnt bother anyone right. may be its not about cleven but its about cracking a wifi ( which cleven does) so in an indirect way it is related. i searched for network. and i get the network with the sign unlocked ( i.e no password needed). i am not connected to the router so how can i see the accepted mac addresses. you expert can just tell me that. i am just eager to kno. nothing else. i am a well educated business man. obviously my intention is not hacking. just want to test. since i am a newbie in linux OS. i just thought i could get help from here.

Oh my god... Cannot reproduce 2sec per pin no matter which binary i try on the good side all binaries give me 3sec per pin so it should be still 6h on average, but dammit. I am 1000% sure i got that 2sec per pin, was sober, no drugs, in a 'hey lets test this latest exploit' mood, so definitely can be done (reducing crack time by 50%) what the fricking f.......

Hello, the dictionary list is empty even after i download list or even after creating a list followed by instructions on this thread. the files saved on the right folder and still, i can't get dictionaries to select on the selection screen.
I'm trying to find a solution for populating this list but nothing worked.
Can someone tell me how to solve this?
Thanks,

dictionary is just a txt file. google : dictionary for cracking wpa. u can download. or you can use youtube to get the links. jst put it in the appropriate folder i.e home/user.cleven/dictionaries. then you are good to go. hope that helps

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
jst put it in the appropriate folder i.e home/user.cleven/dictionaries. then you are good to go. hope that helps
Thanks for the reply.
There are 6 different files in that path and no dictionaries appear on the selection screen...

delete those and do as i sed. search youtube and google - download wordlists to crack wpa. i hav gt few but how can i share? if m helpful. please press thanks

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver