Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Anyhow, while voice dialing would be nice, I don't see the point in voice dictation, though there is a voice recorder already on the N900, if I recall.

slaapliedje
Dragon dictation on the iphone is quite good for typing sms, short notes and web search too. Its server based though, not native. But being Nuance you know its going to be good.

Works good when you are running down the road to the subway and have little time or inclination to type a web address etc (I have done this on more than one occassion)

Also if you hate using software keyboards to text moderately sized text messages. Video:
http://blog.vlingo.com/2010/03/vling...l-and-sms.html

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-06-11 at 00:43.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
lol, PDF mainly. Let me know if you need any!
Ha, we should grow this thread into something else, like the PR1.2 thread....

I vote for 'Medical PDF annotation, with some iPhone 4 discussion' Later we can add the Rick Cobain talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YABGdai5k

slaapliedje

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Meh, to each his own, I just thought it was hilarious that he was using the comparison of having a cord on a phone because I had a stylus... uhm, a cord is a useless thing that gets in the way, and was only there before any wireless technology. A stylus has it's uses, even if you don't always have to use it, it's a nice added bonus.
I had a very similar conversation with one of Jobs' sheeps/customers, and like you I still don't see how having free choice to either use your fingers or stylus (heck, or whatever else is at hand at the moment) is inferiour to being forced into using your (clean, ungloved, hopefully slender) fingers alone.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
one thing i have to hand to apple that nokia is WAY WAY WAY BEHIND ON. the build quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHngLJ0RlNg

just watch the part about the build quality not the phone. that alone will sell it

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
lol, PDF mainly. Let me know if you need any!
I do! I've been searching with no real luck so far, only have 2 or 3 useful ones. Luckily all of my coursework and summaries are available in PDF, so it's much nicer than dragging books around

I would really kill for a Radiological Anatomy and Memorizer apps like the ones on the iPhone

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Yeah, those are great and next to free. Also medical mneumonics, Merck manual, Oxford Handbooks, Netters (all of them), 10 min Diagnosis, LANGE series and many more but yeah we should save this for PM

I only have a Vanders (Physiology) and Essential Cell Biology, but yes indeed, PM's

So on-topic, iPhone 4, can it stop a bullet?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
CPU Apple A4 - an O'C version and improved of Cortex-A8 arm-v7, with double of RAM brand width and improving the speed to 1Ghz.

Apple A4 has a cortex-a8 + PowerSGX 535 inside.

I got to say the graphic on it was totally astonishing.

I wonder if the 4 will have the same cool phone home feature as the 3GS. I'm gonna call T-Mobile tomorrow to see if they have a similar offering for my n900. If they do, I hope they don't charge extra for it, because it's free for the iPhone [crossing my fingers with my stylus].

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@daperl: thanks for that phone home bits. I wouldn't be that surprised if the conspiracy theory behind it is true, since Jobs had a few defense/secret projects with the US gov't since the days Pixar was still making and selling graphic hardware. But I'd imagine AT&T would and should've been clued-in to this scheme and I wonder why those data appeared at all in so many customers' bills.

I wonder how it affects Nokia phone/services:

http://www.eff.org/nsa/faq
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever