Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey JustNick.

Okay, I see exactly what you're talking about now.

Everything you mentioned previously about mapping the hardware keys, I'm getting the exact same results on my end.

I can't figure this one out so I'll just wait until I hear something from either Pushwall or Javispedro on this.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey JustNick.

Okay, I see exactly what you're talking about now.

Everything you mentioned previously about mapping the hardware keys, I'm getting the exact same results on my end.

I can't figure this one out so I'll just wait until I hear something from either Pushwall or Javispedro on this.
So I'm not crazy after all

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So I'm not crazy after all
Hey now. No one ever said that.

RubyBox and my custom mappercsa.txt file work fine with the latest DOSBox and my N800, remapped keys and all (Ctrl, Shift, Alt, etc.)! The trick was to copy the file directory '/usr/share/dosbox' from the prior DOSBox version back to internal memory. The install of the latest DOSBox erased this directory, and it seems that something in that directory is needed for the remapping to work correctly. A zip file that has the contents of that directory from my tablet can be downloaded from here.

Last edited by Pushwall; 2009-06-19 at 13:30.

Uhm... I guess that Rubybox still searches configuration files in that position...

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I still believe whatever you're experiencing is related to the usescancodes option in DOSBox Prefs.txt

Indeed, it seems that older builds had usescancodes==false, while this build has usescancodes==true by default. In my short experience I can map all N810 keys only if it's true. Having it set to false causes problems like the one someone describe a few pages ago (the DOSBox mapper accepting mappings for a single session then "forgetting" about them instead of saving them), but, as I said, this is based on my experience only. So it may work better with usescancodes==false on N800 or whatever.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I still believe whatever you're experiencing is related to the usescancodes option in DOSBox Prefs.txt
I just now tried setting that to false (and deleted the '/usr/share/dos' directory), and that does allow the N800 keys to be remapped for Ctrl, Alt, Del. The problem I'm having is with the D-pad. I'm going to work with it this weekend and see if there's something I'm missing. I did notice too that without the '/usr/share/dos' directory that the game I was testing (BioMenace) wasn't as smooth and the sound was sputtering somewhat. Strange stuff.

Javispedro usescancodes==false had no effects for me...

New RubyBox release, small fix for the new dosbox version where config wasn't used when launching an app. This was a stupid mistake from me, sorry guys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
New RubyBox release, small fix for the new dosbox version where config wasn't used when launching an app. This was a stupid mistake from me, sorry guys.
Thanks a lot Ukki, I'll test it in a couple of minutes

Updated, it crashed a couple of times while saving/editing settings with this output:

"X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 129 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_ShmPutImage)
Resource id in failed request: 0x1c00010
Serial number of failed request: 579
Current serial number in output stream: 580
killall: dosboxbin: no process killed
ruby1.8[5434]: GLIB ERROR ** GLib-GObject - file gsignal.c: line 652 (emission_pop): should not be reached
aborting...
Aborted"

Now config works, but returning to dos prompt leaves you with no working virtual keyboard (it's there but it doesn't do anything, like its functionalities where limited to the program you just exited)
To have a working Dpad usescancodes==false appears to be the only way.

Last edited by JustNick; 2009-06-20 at 21:24.