Active Topics

@godofwar424 N64 is high priority now
@soryuuha it will be possible for PSX emulation in the new version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
I know NDS wouldnt be next priority.

I was asking if it is at all possible on the N9 to emulate a Nintendo DS to a playable extent?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Well, NDS has ARM processor (actually two), so it will be easy one to emulate. I cannot say for sure, I have mixed feelings because I have not good knowledge about this particular platform, yet. I will not say yes or no, sorry.

Well, NDS has ARM processor (actually two), so it will be easy one to emulate. I cannot say for sure, I have mixed feelings because I have not good knowledge about this particular platform, yet. I will not say yes or no, sorry.
Hmm well then maybe it will be fine to emulate and very playable

But the issue will be handling the screen arrangement I think, it would have to be portrait for the N9 and each screen would need to be scaled down to fit the N9's screen..

That will be tricky

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Would it be a big task to have the screensize decreased so that it wont overlap with buttons? Since quite often I find my left thumb covering game characters. I have only played around with gba so no idea if others have this too.

Scaling, rotating the displayed image is the easy part. The hardest is to compose buttons in portrait mode. Speaking of buttons, you are able to make your own skin by replacing /opt/emumaster/data/buttons.png. It would help me a lot if someone would make them for me I will make an option to select the skin in the upcoming version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
are you looking for anything in particular in theming?

I would love to have seperate icons for say, gba and psx.

I always confuse x,o with a,b.

I understand that you feel larger start/sel buttons would be unattractive/unfeasible/useless, but if it is possible, and not that hard, I'd recommend enabling it.

Nobody complains about haveing a few extra options, right?

To make larger start/select I must change the layout of buttons - again. I would stay right now with the current design. I have an idea of how to make buttons layout fully customizable, i.e. skin theme+layout in config file. But higher priority tasks consume my time.

The Following User Says Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Am I correct to say it sounds like the next version of EmuMaster will be released soon?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Hi! I really like your work, keep on going!

I would love to see Gb emulation too (if its not possible with GBA emu, havent tried)
Also have a bug to report, when playing Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga, game will sometimes freeze with very bizarre sound, wasted 3 hours of gameplay (my own fault for not saving Seems to appear randomly, havent tried with any other game yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to SakkeMO For This Useful Post: