Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Are they re-badged J1's or are they something else.
[enthusistic interpretation: ON] we can be quite sure it is not the original J1 sold for cheaper price as the guy in this video mentions it is smaller than J1: [OFF]

but propably this guy is claiming wild things...

Hands-on Intex/Sailfish by "GadgetsToUse" Youtube user

Hope its not double post here!
And yes it has TOH with pins of some sort.

Last edited by mosen; 2015-07-16 at 22:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
we can be quite sure it is not the original J1 sold for cheaper price as the guy in this video mentions it is smaller than J1:

Hands-on Intex/Sailfish by "GadgetsToUse" Youtube user
I trust this guy just like all the news outlets last couple of days saying september, october, november, oct-dec, 15k rupees, no wait <10k, qualcomm 400, no... 410, no 600, life on mars came from pluto, no wait...

Demo devices for SFOS 2.0 were just Jollas, the plastic coverings were most likely just the safety mechanism (the USB plug that screams when unplugged, noticed this guy has normal Jolla without the plug as in other pics?)

edit: nah, some pics are without the plugs, guess they did try to hide the fact it were just jollas

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yeah right... got to lower my enthusiasm...
Actually comparing the pic i posted to my own device makes me edit my last post a bit... thx @szopin

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Yeah right... got to lower my enthusiasm...
Actually comparing the pic i posted to my own device makes me edit my last post a bit... thx @szopin
No need to lower enthusiasm, in the end they showed super smooth interface on a 1.5 year old device. 16 updates later they can still keep their OS running buttery smooth, they should've actually made it a strong point, but oh well

edit: or maybe they hid the fact that Intex hasn't yet got one running on current latest chips? Is that really that damaging? Probably some guys will come here and tell us they should've done it years ago, can't stop them. Still optimistic to what Oct/nov brings, with their 2.2 mil per month sales, 2-3% of that will boost Jolla immensely, they can quadruple their customer base in one quarter, just with intex

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Even 1.1.7.24 made me go WOW with its tiny improvement in speed.
I fear i can't handle SFOS2 without tears

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
JuhaniLassila on July 17, 2015 at 5:03 am
Hi vishusf! Intex’s Sailfish OS 2.0 device will be based on the hardware platform we have built for them – based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 200/600/800 processors, exact specs are yet to be announced. Check yesterday’s press release for a bit more details.
From: https://blog.jolla.com/next-pipeline-sailfish-os-2-0/ comments

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Finally, this must be it!

Intex Sailfish OS 2.0

"Worlds 1st Smartphone powered by Sailfish Operating System" LOOOL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Well, it doesn't really show anything about the phone - it's all just animated, can't say anything about fluent behaviour, and so far the phone looks just like original Jolla.
Makes me think that neither the phone nor the OS is far enough to show something live...

And why must the first app they show running in the video be an Android app?

From what you can see about SFOS 2.0, some parts look nice, but I still don't like two things:
- Statur bar on top (soo #un-unlike...)
- and worse: only one cover action in multitasking view, abandoning the GREAT cover swipe gestures.
But who knows, maybe some parts are configurable.

And I'm not sure what to say about the last sentence:
"Intex AquaFish - World's first smartphone powered by Sailfish operating system"...
So my Jolla is not a smartphone after all?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
"Intex AquaFish - World's first smartphone powered by Sailfish operating system"...
World = India ??

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
World = India ??
They're also still using a render of the Jolla (albeit minus IR sensor) in their animated video ... though at least they're not still using Android and iOS screenshots, unlike the splash page on their website.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, jolla 2