Active Topics

Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
Fixed!! install previous sip4 (4.10.5) and everything will work again
what command exactly you used ?
apt-get install .... ?

The command is "apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0". You can see the older packages for sip4 at http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...le/free/s/sip4. I choose the newest one that worked (with API v7.1). It seems that 4.11 has been erroneusly promoted to extras repository.

Cheers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Oceano, Ca
Hey guys,

This is my first post and I joined up because I was having trouble getting Maesynth and WifiEye to work after installing them from the Extras repo. Anyways, I wanted to say that the fix posted just above:

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0
...worked perfectly for me. So far as I can tell, it didn't break any other dependencies or anything. I should not that I did a reboot after downgrading the sip package just to be sure (but I am not sure it is necessary). So far as I can tell, everything is working fine.

Thanks Guys,
Brady

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BJ_Covert_Action For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
The command is "apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0". You can see the older packages for sip4 at http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...le/free/s/sip4. I choose the newest one that worked (with API v7.1). It seems that 4.11 has been erroneusly promoted to extras repository.

Cheers.
I can't downgrade to python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0...if i do that in terminal, it'll delete healthcheck too and when i reinstall healthcheck, it reinstall back python2.5-sip4=4.11-maemo0

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
All packages are up-to-date now, you should not be downgrading.