Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Richmond, VA
Glad many of you could jump on the CompUSA closings. Unfortunately (or fortunately since it's the only CompUSA around) my local store is staying open so I'm out of luck. Mine never even has them in stock!

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
i've been to 3 of them in my area (dc metro) and they didn't have any n800s

$279 US??????? You guys in the USA are so lucky... in Canada NO RETAIL store sells the Nokia N800... Tiger Direct Canada did for like 1 week when I was broke but not since... so I had to go on eBay and pay $385 + $30 shipping = $415 US total... but atleast it was unopened with a seal on it and so far not 1 problem with it... I would have gone as high as $500 US for one though.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
$279 US??????? You guys in the USA are so lucky... in Canada NO RETAIL store sells the Nokia N800...
Normal CompUSA price $400
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...nternet_Tablet

Got one today at CompUSA for $279 thanks to this thread. I never would've even known there was a store closing nearby. Thanks all!!

There was 1 left in North Attleboro Mass as of this afternoon. It had been open but still had the stock screen guard and everything looked mint. They wouldn't give any extra discount for being opened. They also had a couple of 770s

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Microcenter Houston 12.99 2 GIG SD card..
Note to all that the regular price is 15.99 whis still not bad at all but for you to get the 12.99 price you need a cupon... I didnt know this untill I went to pay and some guy approche me out of no where in the cash register line and say... "Here.... This cupon might help you" I looked at it and it was a cupon to get the card at 12.99 I imediatle thank the guy many times! So be ware you need that cupon... I think you can get it at the Microcenter site... Not sure though..

And here's the issue with buying from one of these closing stores...they won't exchange it. Last night, out of the blue, my new N800 could no longer see the WiFi connections. I reflashed with other problems, but still no WiFi. I'm calling Nokia tomorrow. The closing CompUSA store told me not to bring it back to them. Hmmm...I wonder if a non closing store might exchange it. Left a message in the troubleshooting area to see if there was anything else I could try.

The comp usa cost on this device is about $322.00. This is what I was told from a manger from one of the stores.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
So $280 is a steal, and you will probably never see it this low at any online store. You still have the Nokia warranty when buying from one of the closing stores, so I don't see an issue when buying it there.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by tournstone View Post
And here's the issue with buying from one of these closing stores...they won't exchange it. Last night, out of the blue, my new N800 could no longer see the WiFi connections. I reflashed with other problems, but still no WiFi. I'm calling Nokia tomorrow. The closing CompUSA store told me not to bring it back to them. Hmmm...I wonder if a non closing store might exchange it. Left a message in the troubleshooting area to see if there was anything else I could try.
If you buy it in a Closing store your product is not exchangable you have to go thru manufactures warranty... When I bought mine they stamp my recipt with a label that said "NO REFUNDS" Maybe you can get lucky and try to go to a non closing CompUSA and try to return it by saying that you bought it in a CompUSA out of state and you lost your recipt..... Make sure you say you pay cash.... It worked once for me at Microcenter