Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
I updated it few minutes ago. I'll report you back when i try it for a while.
Btw, if the phone isn't connected at all will the widget automatically connect phone to WLAN or 3G, update the weather and then disconnect it? I didn't notice that at all, but that would be great feature.
Please reboot your device after updating.
Yes. If you enabled WLAN or GSM in omweather config and N900 isn't connect to Network, omweather automatically connect to WLAN or 3G.

Vlad.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Wow, now I could remove the fifth station. Thanks for the update, its a great application.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
hey
short question:
the app is shown with 3,1MB download size.

how much space does it take on rootfs?
thx in advance!

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
This huge font is present just in "Internet connection". I updated OMWeather, rebooted and i got this side effect.

EDIT: Rebooted and it's gone now. Maybe it was something temporary, maybe it was something else.

Last edited by kopte3; 2010-02-14 at 23:23.

For the last couple of versions I've had the GPS location stuck at "Vyborg" - that's a wrong city and a wrong country. I've tried uninstalling the OMWeather but after re-installing when ever I set up the location by GPS it turns out as "Vyborg".

Anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong?

Originally Posted by markusm View Post
For the last couple of versions I've had the GPS location stuck at "Vyborg" - that's a wrong city and a wrong country. I've tried uninstalling the OMWeather but after re-installing when ever I set up the location by GPS it turns out as "Vyborg".

Anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong?
Please send me your location and omweather config.

Vlad.

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
hey
short question:
the app is shown with 3,1MB download size.

how much space does it take on rootfs?
thx in advance!
This is a good question Omweather is optified package. It take 3kb on rootfs.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
This is a good question Omweather is optified package. It take 3kb on rootfs.

Vlad.
nice one

the only thing i'm missing is a 5 days forecast which takes up nearly half of the screen in height and width
(in total a quarter of the screen ^^)

edit: and a BLACK look/layout

Last edited by b666m; 2010-02-15 at 17:28.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Ok, the widget is working better, it can connect to 3G/GPRS and WLAN and update the weather. But..
Auto updating is still not working. It looks like it can't connect to internet because it removes all the information that it got (an hour)before and puts pics with no info for all days. Maybe it's trying wrong connections (some locked WLAN or something like that), i think that could be resolved by making list with preferred connections (so user can put for example: Home WLAN, Work WLAN, etc. and the last one 3G/GPRS) because that way it can't try to connect to wrong network.
Animated icons look really nice. Is it possible to refresh them (animation starts over again) when user moves(swipes) to the background where the widget is placed? That would be really nice move. I hope other icon sets are going to be updated with animations. Really nice work! Tnx!

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Please send me your location and omweather config.

Vlad.
Maybe a silly question but what so you mean by omweather config? You want me to pull up the actual config file? If so - where can I find it?

Tags
omweather