Well, I think I have a problem.

Nokia-N810-51-3:~# apt-get remove roadmap
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mephemeris: Depends: python2.5-gpsbt but it is not going to be installed
microb-eal: Depends: libgtkmozembed (>= 0.10.2) but it is not installable
osso-software-version: Depends: libglade2-0 (= 1:2.4.0-1osso2) but 1:2.6.2-1indt1 is to be installed
Depends: libnss3 (= 1.0.3-36) but 1.0.4-65 is to be installed
Depends: microb-engine (= 1.0.3-36) but 1.0.4-65 is to be installed
Depends: libnspr4 (= 1.0.3-36) but 1.0.4-65 is to be installed
Depends: libnss3-certs (= 1.0.3-36) but 1.0.4-65 is to be installed
Depends: osso-rss-feed-reader-applet (= 1.4.46-0) but 1.4.46-0.ned is to be installed
Depends: libgtkmozembed (= 0.10.4-1) but it is not installable
tablet-browser-controls: Depends: libgtkmozembed (>= 0.10.1) but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
This is the second time I see this problem since I modified the browser with this:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19849

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
This is the second time I see this problem since I modified the browser with this:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19849
O.K. looks like you hammered your dependencies during the micro-b hack. From looking at your error, you *may* be able to fix this by-

Manually installing libgtkmozembed-0.10.4-1 again (perhaps with 'dpkg -i --force-all'

Then do 'apt-get -f install' Which will likely remove 'osso-software-version'.

I really don't know if this'll fix your issue. You may need to reflash. But that's what I'd try first...

HTH,
kernelpanic

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ok, I'll try it. If it doesn't work, I'll wait to the Diablo upgrade. Thanks.

Ok, I'll try it. If it doesn't work, I'll wait to the Diablo upgrade. Thanks.
If you can wait that long, great. But you're unlikely to be able to install ANY app until you resolve it. You'll get the same error any time you use apt...

cheers,
kernelpanic

Finally, I reflashed my N810. Now I have the last version of Roadmap installed. Thanks.

Off-topic: I found the restore funcion provided with Maemo fantastic. In just minutes I had all my applications restored and working as they were before. It was a nice surprise.

Why does RoadMap not backup its configuration files? Maemo Mapper does.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ South Bend IN
alphito, I know this is a little too late, but I ran into a similar issue on another app. What I did was run apt-get -f install command, which basically uninstalled the mozembed package that you installed with the SVN version of microb. Afterwards, the other program installed without a problem (though the browser didn't work if memory serves). After I got the new app installed, I just followed step 4 again (from the post you linked). I think that I had a minor conflict with the link, but after deleting it and re-linking every thing worked. Sorry I couldn't let you know before you reflashed...

Thanks, hvacengi.

I run apt-get -f install and I finished with Roadmap updated but no browser. I searched the forums for a way to reinstall the browser but after a couple of hours I chose the reflashing way. This way I discovered the fantastic restore function (at least something positive after all).

Thanks again.

Thanks, hvacengi.

I run apt-get -f install and I finished with Roadmap updated but no browser. I searched the forums for a way to reinstall the browser but after a couple of hours I chose the reflashing way. This way I discovered the fantastic restore function (at least something positive after all).

Thanks again.
Alephito,

Roadmap keeps all it's config in the ~/.roadmap directory. Normally a backup should catch this. But if one uninstalls Roadmap that directory is removed. This is by design. But if during your troubleshooting you uninstalled then installed the app, you'd lose preferences. On direct version upgrade, it should keep preferences.

Also, since you're outside the U.S. OSM map support has changed. The OSM binary server now caches the entire planet and updates it with weekly diffs. This makes it much faster to get maps.

I'd love some input as to how the new API works for Roadmap users.

With this Caveat- it is BRAND NEW. So if you have maps already compiled for your area, I'd back them up before overwriting them until you've tested that it works great/not so good/whatever for where you are. The test maps I downloaded looked o.k. But I've never been to Sydney or London or Montreal, or Madrid. So I will have to rely on user feedback to improve OSM support...

cheers,
kernelpanic

Yes, Kernelpanic, I don't know what I did so probably I damaged the Roadmap backup.

Now, I cleared my map (making a backup) and tried to get OSM maps of the current view, but nothing happened. The output is "will process 1 tiles" and the "processing tileid '##########', for file..." but that is all.

If I change the map proxy to my own url, everything works OK.

Yes, Kernelpanic, I don't know what I did so probably I damaged the Roadmap backup.

Now, I cleared my map (making a backup) and tried to get OSM maps of the current view, but nothing happened. The output is "will process 1 tiles" and the "processing tileid '##########', for file..." but that is all.

If I change the map proxy to my own url, everything works OK.
Can you post the GPS coordinates/bitsize setting you're downloading so I can try to reproduce it?

That way, if it's a problem with the app, I can fix it. If it's a problem with the API, I can forward the info along to Adam.

cheers,
kernelpanic