Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
libssl0.9.7 is not working after installing this SSU and I am using the stable version, when i try to install gizmo, it says that, and when i used -apt get, it said it installed, but when I tried gizmo again, it said missing libssl0.9.7 again
Diablo comes with libssl0.9.8, are you mixing Chinook repositories by any chance?

EDIT: Hm, gizmo-project depends on libssl0.9.7, which comes from:
Code:
libssl0.9.7:
  Installed: 0.9.7e-4.osso2+3sarge3.osso6
  Candidate: 0.9.7e-4.osso2+3sarge3.osso6
  Version table:
 *** 0.9.7e-4.osso2+3sarge3.osso6 0
        500 http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com diablo/user Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
What does apt-get say if you try to install it manually?

is this just me or other people too?
FWIW it just installed sucessfully here.

Last edited by lma; 2010-08-31 at 05:21.

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Update: I determined that when I deselect "Large Statusbar Clock", I no longer have the problem.
Apparently that one causes hildon-desktop crashes even on vanilla Diablo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Originally Posted by lma View Post
- - -
Yeah, that's standard. As a defence mechanism, when hildon-desktop crashes it gets restarted without loading any third-party plugins (otherwise it could easily find itself in an endless restarting loop), but it doesn't modify its configuration so a reboot brings it back as set up by the user.
- - -
When I browse heavily, my N810 also regularly has hildon-desktop crashes.

Opening
Control panel > Panels > Status Bar > Clicking OK
brings back my setup after a few seconds.

>> No reboot necessary

My applets:
Large statusbar clock (Maybe less often with alarms in Large statusbar clock disabled ?? )
(older) Advanced power
Load applet
Quick clip
Advanced backlight control

(plain OS 43-7 cloned to int. mmc)

The Following User Says Thank You to KristianW For This Useful Post:
Can you get rid of large statusbar clock at least temporarily and try to reproduce? We know that's buggy so any crashes while it's enabled don't really tell us anything interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Can you get rid of large statusbar clock at least temporarily and try to reproduce? We know that's buggy so any crashes while it's enabled don't really tell us anything interesting.
Will do (also with l.st.cl. without alarm enabled), but it will take some time as I'm rebuilding my system before installing the SSU.

Also, these crashes aren't that common,
my feeling is that they have increased lately.
( Also File manager hasn't loaded for a while until I changed my ext mmc yesterday. This has happened before. Is there any knowledge about that?
It has happened when I have a LOT of files in some folders on my mmc:s, which makes the file manager take a LONG time to update, AND (or?) have a LOT of apps installed.)

( My main point was that rebooting isn't necessary.)

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I once had a bug where both internal and external cards had unmounted, and file manager only displayed 'bluetooth'. I don't remember why it did that though, it was a while ago. Like a month.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Since instalation of Diablo community SSU, I get a false "Updates Available" prompt every week or so. Eight apps are updated, but they are same version.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Since instalation of Diablo community SSU, I get a false "Updates Available" prompt every week or so. Eight apps are updated, but they are same version.
do you happen to have both the testing and official SSU repository active in the applications manager?

i see something similar because i have both extras and extras-devel active, and both contain a copy of the gconf manager. So when one of them fails a refresh (usually -devel) i get a "updates waiting" indicator that is just about the same version but from a different repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
do you happen to have both the testing and official SSU repository active in the applications manager?

i see something similar because i have both extras and extras-devel active, and both contain a copy of the gconf manager. So when one of them fails a refresh (usually -devel) i get a "updates waiting" indicator that is just about the same version but from a different repository.
Yes, I still have the "Extras" and "Extras-Devel" repositories enabled. Should I disable them?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Yes, I still have the "Extras" and "Extras-Devel" repositories enabled. Should I disable them?
No, keep them. I was using them as an example of similar observed behavior when the content of two repositories overlap.

Did you at any point install the community ssu using the testing repository or similar?

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, maemo 4