Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
You don't understand, Conky is not a problem. See Battery Voltage and Temperature, it's so high and CPU also, all the time on max speed (600MHz).
Originally Posted by helex View Post
The high CPU usage is caused by the fast update interval.

But you're right. The Voltage is not correct. The temperaure also not.
What language settings are you using? I guess there is a problem with the decimal separator. But I have currently no Idea how to test this myself. It's working here fine.
New power kernel (v47) reports temperature of cpu in 0.1C, while old kernels (v46 and earlier, also stock omap1 kernel) reported it in just 1C (the 'new' way is more accurate and detailed, also a standard way of reporting temperature for Linux kernel, so it's not a bug, it's a fix for a bug). Software written earlier for N900 is not aware of it, so either you take into consideration that e.g. 300C in conky means 30.0C in reality or the maintainer of package updates it. It also affects voltage reading. It's not related to decimal separator, it's not related to language settings, it's related to applications (conky in this example) not aware of this fix in the new kernel.

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-09 at 23:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
I feel much better.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
I forgot that I have updated kernel power to 47 also. On 46 everything worked normal, and with new version my N900 restarts very often.
This is definitifly related to kernel power 47. But I'm unable to help in kernel related problems. Sorry. Perhaps you could find a answer in the Kernel Power related threads.

But as far as I know is kernel power 47 anyway not a stable relase. The last one I know of is kernel power 42!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
New power kernel (v47) reports temperature of cpu in 0.1C, while old kernels (v46 and earlier, also stock omap1 kernel) reported it in just 1C (the 'new' way is more accurate and detailed, also a standard way of reporting temperature for Linux kernel, so it's not a bug, it's a fix for a bug). Software written earlier for N900 is not aware of it, so either you take into consideration that e.g. 300C in conky means 30.0C in reality or the maintainer of package updates it. It also affects voltage reading. It's not related to decimal separator, it's not related to language settings, it's related to applications (conky in this example) not aware of this fix in the new kernel.
Thanks a lot for this exact answer. I guess I'm not able to fix this inside the config files. Perhaps if I see some mathematical operations. But I couldn't remember something like that at the moment. And I would need perhaps additionally a setting for this. I put this with a big question mark onto my to-do-list. But currentliy with a low priority.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Thanks a lot for this exact answer. I guess I'm not able to fix this inside the config files. Perhaps if I see some mathematical operations. But I couldn't remember something like that at the moment. And I would need perhaps additionally a setting for this. I put this with a big question mark onto my to-do-list. But currentliy with a low priority.
I made a fix, if you want you can download and install patched conky-n900 package from here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=136 and use it untill conky-n900 developer and maintainer releases some upgrade.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
I dont have the status applet.....
Everything works fine but that doesnt work.

Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
I dont have the status applet.....
Everything works fine but that doesnt work.
Hmm... thats strange. Have you rebooted your N900 since the installation?

After Conky's upgrade, layout switcher is not working anymore...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dvd25 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dvd25 View Post
After Conky's upgrade, layout switcher is not working anymore...
Hmm... is the menu plugin present?
Does Conky start up as soon as you press a button?
Does Conky show the default layout and you're unable to activate the Layout Switcher layouts?

ye it seems i have same problem since updaing conky the switcher no longer has the config file any more an your set up looks much sharper .. can you provide config file or will i need to reinstall conky switcher !

many thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post: