You bet I am. This is seriously the coolest thing since... well... the internet

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Good to hear. Hey, I may have a nonfunctional 770 you can have to play around with, or use for parts if you like.

Sure! More electronics never hurts

Originally Posted by Kybo_Ren View Post
You bet I am. This is seriously the coolest thing since... well... the internet
I concur. The few moments here and there I've been able to get WiFi (everything's hardwired here at home...three desktops, no need for anything wireless before the tablet arrived...hehe) I've loved it.

I convinced my boss to hook me in to the park WiFi, so I should get some decent face time with this thing soon. (I'm a lifeguard...yep, i'll be browsing on the job. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not i'll do it when there are people swimming)

N770 ordered 6/27/07
Arrived 7/3/07

Just got approval for my samples.
I should get them within the week and then I'll try the hack.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I scrounged together all my remaining 770 and N800 odds and ends. I'll get back with you via PM when I have identified which 770 to send you for experiments.

Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
nokia tip is the smallest frikkin thing I've seen. not sure where to get one but hey lookee here I'ma hafta buy me some of this:
http://www.globalsourcesdirect.com/s...Charger/Detail
You may want to check out my posts on this page about a smaller version of that cable.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I scrounged together all my remaining 770 and N800 odds and ends. I'll get back with you via PM when I have identified which 770 to send you for experiments.
Alright, sounds good. I ordered two samples, so if at all possible I'd like to try it on a semi-broken or broken one first before I go messing with mine

Originally Posted by Slakker View Post
I concur. The few moments here and there I've been able to get WiFi (everything's hardwired here at home...three desktops, no need for anything wireless before the tablet arrived...hehe) I've loved it.

I convinced my boss to hook me in to the park WiFi, so I should get some decent face time with this thing soon. (I'm a lifeguard...yep, i'll be browsing on the job. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not i'll do it when there are people swimming)
dude, just throw the thing in a little plastic baggie (one with a ziplock)
and browse underwater.....the touchscreen does just fine through plastic!

I used mine for high-sierra cross country trekking GPS mapper with pre-downloaded topo maps in a ziploc baggie for a week!!

dcarter

I do have her in a plastic bag when at work, though I'm not sure I trust a ziploc to keep my electronics safe when fully submerged...I've had a lot of bags leak liquid out of the inside...certainly not reliable enough for my beloved internet tablet!

N770 ordered 6/27/07
Arrived 7/3/07