Active Topics

Just to confirm I have the iGo stowaway ultra slim keyboard XTBT01. The same one amazon is selling for 30 bucks. Using with my N800. Great little keyboard. I can confirm it worked on OS2007, The first Beta OS2008 but not the first release of OS2008 (RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin) I can get it to pair however it just refuses to work. Back to OS2007 for me. :-(

UPDATE:
With some info from Moonshine I have paired the keyboard with 50-2

Last edited by Dr Robert; 2007-12-21 at 23:21.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by Dr Robert View Post
Just to confirm I have the iGo stowaway ultra slim keyboard XTBT01. The same one amazon is selling for 30 bucks. Using with my N800. Great little keyboard. I can confirm it worked on OS2007, The first Beta OS2008 but not the first release of OS2008 (RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin) I can get it to pair however it just refuses to work. Back to OS2007 for me. :-(
Wow.. that would be shocking if it didn't work in OS2008 50-2. I'm about to pair one I'm giving as a gift in like 10 mins, so I'll report back .

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonshine For This Useful Post:
I just paired it with the first release of OS2008 (RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin) and it seems to function fine. This is with the $29 iGo from Amazon. I'd try repairing again, it should work for you.

Moonshine, when you paired it did you do it via the bluetooth keyboard "Pair" button or did you add a new device in the bluetooth section and pair it that way. I have seen some posts on here that some users have luck one way and not the other. This is really weird as I have tried both ways with no luck and reflashed serveral times without restoring a backup to ensure I had a clean slate to work with.
Cheers

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by shacky4 View Post
I have tried this over and over. No luck. I get the the window where it says "pairing." I try to put the passkey in , but it never takes. By looking at the keyboard, I assume that you hold the FN key down and then hit the corresponding number keys, right?

I have also noticed that the flashing green led stops flashing when the n800 is pairing. If I cancel the pairing, the light starts flashing again.

I am running the new 2008os and the keyboard is a xtbt01. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I second the comments in other threads about the nasty sticker across the keys. If I could get my hands on the bozo who came up with that idea....
As Karel said -
remember to mash ENTER after you put in the numbers.
PLEASE use the Wiki

I paired it via the Bluetooth Keyboard "Pair" button... entered the code on the keyboard (using the function key) and hit the enter key on the keyboard. Once it was paired, then I hit a couple keys on it to "bring up the connection" which takes a couple seconds, then it was functional. If you hit keys right after pairing you won't get a response for the first few as it actually isn't connected at that point.

Good luck..

Thanks for the update it gave me the push to try it once more. This time however I removed the flash memory from the int / ext slots and just did a flash with the stock unit. This is so strange !! IT WORKED !! I know that the cards I am using are some of the older type I really should not be using but everything seemed to work fine with them until this latest release. I have no idea why there would be a connection between the cards being installed and not being able to pair the keyboard but really ... after removing the install was a breeze !!

Always nice when a plan comes together

I think you'll be safe putting the cards back in though. I actually just paired a 2nd iGo here also. (A couple office gifts) Both paired with n800s with both card slots filled and OS2008.

Happy Holidays..

i just got it today... 29.99 seems like a nice deal. why do others cost so much?
also i paid 5 bucks for shipping and amazon delivered it in 3 days, but since they shipped it from about 13 miles away from here, i wonder how long free shipping would have taken.
(i just didn't want to get it after winter solstice)

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Yay! Got my iGo BT Keyboard today too Pretty nice for $30. Only thing I'm not crazy about is how it prone to wobble side to side. For now I'm fixing it by putting little styrofoam bits on either side. Really nice that it comes with a case.

Anybody figure out if and how you could program the Blue Fn functions on the letter keys (eg: Today, Close, Programs, etc...)?