Active Topics

I'm not sure it's good to have a bad copy for download. Either show off your best or don't show anything, otherwise people may think that your writing is sub-par and move on never to comeback despite the warning that it's work in progress.
I don't think people would buy the book so much because it's polished, but because they want a physical book to read and hold.

laughing man, yeah, that was actually suggested to me by quite a number of people. It's the demo vs professional recording argument used for years. They'll happily give away demos which allow you to hear what you have to look forward to on the album, but it's neither full quality, nor the final version of the song. Sort of the "rough recording" thing you mentioned.

And coldfusion, I take it you haven't seen what my idea of a "rough draft" is. lol. Most of my "rough drafts" are darned near finished quality right from the start. I do go through and fix some spelling errors, sentence problems, etc before posting, so what goes online is actually more of an "intermediate" draft, than a true rough draft, however, I still treat them as rough drafts, since I make adjustments to the story as I see need based on user feedback.

Well, the case of books just arrived today for the signed copies. So if anyone wants one, just shoot me an email. I got 50 in the case to work with, but those are likely to go quickly, since I already have nearly half of them spoken for already. ^_^ And if you miss out, I got a second case of 50 coming right in behind it.

Well, I finally found a place to create Ebooks in Epub format, but now I just need someone to test them and make sure they work. If they do, then I'll go ahead and released everything in ebook format from now on in conjunction with the printed version.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
nwerneck, the ebook file is coming eventually, but right now the only kind they'll produce is a Kindle compatible file, which means that pretty much everyone else is locked out. Only Kindle users can read it. So what I'm planning on doing is creating a universal ebook compatible file myself and just selling it off my website. Of course, if you guys can read PDF on your readers, I may just go that way instead.

Texrat, you know digi? Dude, yeah, this really is a small world. Speaking of which, since you know him, why don't you drop by and say hi.
Hey! I'm a kindle user! Wow that paid off for once. Woot!

hehe. You're welcome. Once I get this whole ebook thing sorted out, and if you've already got a paperback copy, I'll go ahead and email you a free copy of the ebook.

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/...or-scifi-33800

Hey, check this out! Locutus of IT Toolbox gave me a great plug about my books and my writing! Check it out!

Hey, just FYI. Book 2 "Destiny's Mission" has been released, along with a short story anthology called "The Dreamland Articles". You can get Dreamland Articles via the bookstores now, but Destiny's Mission is near impossible to get right at the moment, save through me. The reason being that Amazon and the other book sellers are backlogged and it's taking forever to get new books processed and online. Just FYI in case you're interested in getting a copy.

Also, I setup a new website to track all my writing stuff. It's called www.realmsofimagination.net and I try to keep it updated regularly.