Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Nokia's problem is it isnt consistent it just poops out another OS each year thinking that will be the trick.
They seem to have a problem with backing up their phones & marketing them.
And i havent even seen Meego in action & with Nokia's track record it would be a miracle if they can support that OS for another year if it ever comes out.
They should have just stuck with and improved on meamo 5 but since they moved on so fast i wouldnt be surprised if they switched some of there phones to WP7 or Android they wont have to work on the OS which they were so slow in doing with meamo 5 anyways.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It's suicide. Why would anyone write apps with Qt (or native blackberry, etc) if they can cover Nokia with Android apps ? Plus, Symbian HW is lower spec on average than Android so won't look good anyway. Dalvik (or rather, the Android API) is pointless FOR THE VENDORS on any platform other than Android (i.e. blackberry might be preparing a long term migration plan for all I know).
The big sales in Androids is at the low end, 600 MHz CPU and no GPU to speak of. All Symbian3 devices are much better than that. The low end Symbian1 devices typically have those specs, like the C5-03.

People get an Android to replace their aging (one year old) dumbphone, This doesn't mean they will pay for apps except maybe a small handfull, there are plenty of free apps around. All these apps could be available also for Symbian. Increasing the size of the free lunch certainly cannot be suicide. Still, is it even practically possible? if it is, then Nokia should do it.

Then there is J2ME. It will become big for a complete ecosystem for dumbphones at the low end. This is where Nokia is actually loosing sales these days. S40 is a surpricingly capable OS, a revamped J2ME, touch screen dumbphones in combination with OVI will be a smash in the years to come IMO.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Sorry that I don't work for Engadget/PhoneDog/Phone Arena
don't be sorry, you could work in those places with your knowledge without a problem

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I agree with you that having a fragmented OS distribution among handsets would be odd, and wouldn't make much sense. But I'm really hypothesizing on the future, if Meego stumbles and falls the way Maemo did. Would Nokia then just throw in the towel on trying to cook up their own OS for high-end devices and continue to make awesome HW but using a tried-and-tested (and popular with con$umers) OS such as Android?
they cannot stand a change to ZTE. It means bleeding until they are plain dumbphone manufacturer bled almost dry.

IMO android is totally crappy OS. UI is hideous, I don't know if they have guidelines for UI but M5's uniform functionality is million miles ahead from androids stuff.

third point: BRIC etc. These speculations always start from a fat bunghole of an american. Every idiot seems to miss that the only realistic way (and it is getting more popular day by day) for people of developing countries to get into internet (to make their life better etc) are mobile handsets. smartphones are cheaper than pcs, those work a while with their batteries, longer than laptops and the last: there is no copper dug into ground to make adsl possible, but gsm......
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
They seem to have a problem with backing up their phones & marketing them.
they have already announced impressive support for N8, don't know about markeing in your country but in my TV the ads are impressive...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

the way I see it is that android would gain all the benefits of the relationship, and nokia would benefit little. sounds like an abusive relationship.

Hardware is android's weakness. when all the manufacturers are in a race to the bottom, build quality suffers.

Don't be confused by their jedi mind tricks. Android users are jealous of our hardware.

Tags
fanboyism, just say no, to android, to drugs