Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
In my rant......

Deaconclgi Reply:
July 21st, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Exact timing hasn’t been worked out yet? The timing should have been worked out BEFORE you make any announcement! Why tell us to come back tomorrow and THEN tell us it will be another day. In any other business, your department would have been terminated for a continued show of poor performance and customer dissatisfaction. Nokias N900 announcements and plans are becoming a joke. We N900 users spend our time trying to see if the promises will come true, often anticipating the happening of what is said to happen more than what is promised. You guys are becoming wors+ than telling kids to write to santa and that they will get what they ask for because they were a good kid all year. We, the users of Maemo have been good all year, supporting YOUR device with our free R&D and just like fake santa clause, you(Nokia) let us down everytime. Why? Why announce deadlines and not meet them? Why not meet them and not explain why you were not able to meet them? Nokia treats N900 users like “You should be glad to have the N900 so sit back an shutup, we don’t owe YOU, we will release updates and features when and IF we feel like it and if you have a problem go buy something else (like Meego) because we already got your money from the N900″

Stop telling us Christmas is on Dec 25 and that you are getting me a BMW and then delivering the gift on JANUARY 29 an it turns out to be a Bike Made Well. Late AND disappointing!

I hope that Nokia learns to keep deadlines. I can’t keep referring customers to Nokia with a good conscience just to lead them to a regrettable letdown. Not everyone will stick around just because of powerful hardware and a open OS. Services, Support and Customer Satisfaction of your current customers determine if they and the people they talk to will be new customers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think they will launch a series of youtube videos pitting n900 against the iPhone in different signal-interfering conditions; and the n900 will win every single one of them.

Thus restoring the pride of all n900 owners.

Even though the telephony app still sucks.

And we've used the argument that 'telephony is secondary' in the past against other N900 deficiencies.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
well, i think i will be 1,2,3 & 4 or all of the following:
1)- Portrait Mode.
2)- Large capacity Battery
3)- New software Up-date.
4)- Ovi Map- ( free navigation ).

Hope so.
Thanx

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
I'll keep my fingers crossed for USB Host mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to zvogt For This Useful Post:
I guess... Nokia will refund N900 for all users.....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
where is the announcement?

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
What's the big news?

Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
I guess... Nokia will refund N900 for all users.....
hahahahaha------------nice one

all N900 users can get a refund.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Haha, not that I think for a moment that it would happen but, if they did give a refund the timing couldn't be worse with the Nexus one off the market.

In the world of reality, I hope this doesn't disappoint. If you are going to make an announcement about making an announcement it had better be something earth shattering. I hope the timing issue is due to getting everything in place for immediate deployment.

Edit: the announcement is that Nokia will switch wholesale to android for smartphone plaforms and starting immediately the N900 gets test builds, and owners can claim one free slider replacement with new lcd, capaciive digitizer, and soft keys on the face for each n900 imei.

Double edit: (nearly) free handset upgrade to the N9.

Last edited by ZShakespeare; 2010-07-21 at 14:35.

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed