Haha that's what I was thinking, but it's more what is active usage? Is it several browser windows open? A youtube video + Facebook + chats with friends on AIM/MSN/GTalk? Is it Skype?

It's interesting.. I wonder how they defined it.

Oh and I'll only take sarcastic replies from you GeneralAntilles :P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Running that display and with that battery capacity I can tell this will struggle to last me a day, but I've charged my mobiles every night for several years now.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Let's take this apart. We have three pieces of information here: 1, +, and day. Clearly "day" tells us the unit the "1", then, tells us that we how many of said unit we have, and, finally, the "+" seems to tells us we also have an indeterminate fraction of additional units.

So, roughly translated, it appears to me "a day or more".
True, that's what "1+ day" means, but Nokia have hedged that with the "Up to" detail. Up to means less than or equal to 1 day, but the plus means more than 1 day. So we know that the battery will last less than, equal to, or more than one day...

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
Running that display and with that battery capacity I can tell this will struggle to last me a day, but I've charged my mobiles every night for several years now.
Oh I'm use to that too, I even keep a car charger and travel charger around. It's more...

Traditionally I've believed in seperate items, with seperate batteries, that do each job well. So if my n800's battery runs out of juice then I can still make calls with my cheapo phone. And likewise for other things.

The N900 will be my first smartphone (I've only used free cheapo phones for now). And knowing how I tend to run the battery down on the n800 (though the battery is also on its way out..also why I'm looking at the n900) I'm worried I'll get into a situation where I'll drain it and be left phoneless lol. Which... I rarely make social calls with it (calling just to talk). I usually have a purpose behind it (where are you so we can meet up, or I am coming home on the Metro can you pick me up,etc..)

If only Metro would somehow create a train that lets us tap into those 750 volts they got running through the 3rd rail.. =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
http://www.duracellpower.com/documen...et-charger.pdf

Nominal output voltage 5 Vdc
Maximum charging current 0.5 A

Would that be enough to power the N900? (2.5W max?)

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post

initial response is good would pre-order if I can get a clear idea of battery life, if it can't last a day with average usage then its a no-go for me.
Whats wrong with carrying a spare?

I have a spare BP-4L for the E71 in my condom pocket, not really an issue.

Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Whats wrong with carrying a spare?

I have a spare BP-4L for the E71 in my condom pocket, not really an issue.
Carrying a spare for an E71 is not a big deal as its so small and slim. But carrying a spare for a small-brick phone is a little over the top. One of the reasons I thought it was so thick was because they stuffed a large battery in there.. but alas no.

I mean, couldn't they have got rid of the space for the stylus to try and squeeze a larger battery

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Your right about the stylus, its huge.

Surely though its not the device size that matters but the battery size, being small has its benefits as ive explained.

If you want a small powerful device, your just gonna to have to except that its not going to last long on current battery technology. No company today can offer you all day power use, its sad but thats life. Suck it up, carry a spare.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
We would need for someone to make a new back cover, keeping all the functional stuff but with 1-2mm battery covering almost all it's surface adding 2-3 times the capacity! (and a back able to solar charge it? :P)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Your right about the stylus, its huge.

Surely though its not the device size that matters but the battery size, being small has its benefits as ive explained.

If you want a small powerful device, your just gonna to have to except that its not going to last long on current battery technology. No company today can offer you all day power use, its sad but thats life. Suck it up, carry a spare.
The best compromise so far is the E71 or even the E72. That phone can last easily 24 hours with heavy usage plus more!

Since the N900 hardware is somewhat similar to Iphone 3GS, I should hope it can at least match the iphones battery times.

Tags
n900 battery, n900 v. power war, piss poor