Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i tried with a empty dir, a non-existent dir and a dir created via the selection dialog.

all resulted in the same error.

note that i was attempting to move the cache dir onto sd card. nad yes, its write enabled.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
Hey,

I came across Feed Circuit and to me it looks brilliant. I installed it last night and it looked like it was doing awesome. It already was using feeds I had from my regular feed reader. But this morning is a different story. I click on it and it is nothing but a blank white page now. I open my normal feed reader and it at least displays the feeds. it refreshes them it says "Loading 305/620". But in Feed Circuit its nothing but a blank page. I look at my load applet and it is showing that the process memory is maxed. What Am I doing wrong? Feed circuit has now been open for 30 minutes and still I get a blank white screen. Whenever I try to click on the dropdown to look at settings et al. I get a "Feed circuit is not responding close?" and when I hit "cancel" it says "feed circut responded" but I still get a blank white page.

Once I get this problem sorted, I would really LOVE to be able to cache the feeds to my external card, I tried doing so in the settings last night and it said "Error 17(?) location already exists" or something similar. (I will come back here and update after I can get to that point, right now its unresponsive.)

Is it because the reader is trying to update too much content?

Some help would be appreciated...

lets see, in the time it took to type this, RSS feed reader is now at loading 338/620 and when I click on feed circuit...yep, still white screen.

Ok I tried going in offline mode. No luck, same white screen of death. I tried restarting the N810. Nothing.

Now I am going to see if I can uninstall it and re install it, Its a shame cause I really like the idea of this app. Feeds are my life.

uninstalled it, reinstalled it same problem.

Also When browsing the External card I found thumbnails of the feed identifiers (GIF's) but no other cache.

any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot of the "white screen of death" - it just hangs up on this forever and ever, even in offline mode, and even left OVERNIGHT for 6+ hours. When I wake up in the morning it is exactly the same as it was when I went to bed, a white screen of nothing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris1051/3252518604/

Last edited by Chris1051; 2009-02-04 at 04:34.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I'm not having any problems with the program, stick with it, the payoff is great. Perhaps it is an issue with the feeds themselves--not all of them are compatible right off the bat. Try contacting the author, he's very responsive: he actually updated the application when the feed from one of my favorite sites wasn't working.

I've also limited the number of days to keep. It really can take a long time to update the feeds, so that keeps the update time reasonable...

EDIT: Feed Circuit is stand-alone, you don't need to be using your RSS feed reader at all. I don't use the RSS reader so I really don't know. But, perhaps trying to use them at the same time or sharing resources (it sounds like you were trying to somehow use feeds already set up for your RSS feed reader for Feed Circuit, they really should be set up and cached independently) might be causing the problems...

Last edited by klinglerware; 2009-02-04 at 14:32.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
one really wish that dbus-switchboard could handle default apps for stuff like this, the rss detection in the browser goes directly to the rss reader rather then a user defined app...

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I'm not having any problems with the program, stick with it, the payoff is great. Perhaps it is an issue with the feeds themselves--not all of them are compatible right off the bat. Try contacting the author, he's very responsive: he actually updated the application when the feed from one of my favorite sites wasn't working.

I've also limited the number of days to keep. It really can take a long time to update the feeds, so that keeps the update time reasonable...

EDIT: Feed Circuit is stand-alone, you don't need to be using your RSS feed reader at all. I don't use the RSS reader so I really don't know. But, perhaps trying to use them at the same time or sharing resources (it sounds like you were trying to somehow use feeds already set up for your RSS feed reader for Feed Circuit, they really should be set up and cached independently) might be causing the problems...

I realise I dont need to use the normal feed reader, I was just checking it to troubleshoot. Also it grabbed the feeds automatically from the ones I was subscribed to in the normal feed reader. They are feeds like BBC, Google news etc. Pretty tame stuff. Also I cleanly install the ap, and the first time I open it up after seeing the message "feedcircuit was successfully installed" it gives me the white screen of death (flickr photo above) without me doing anything to it.