Active Topics

I mean it for Nemo. I didn't test swipe manager, but how does it coexist with default gestures on Harmattan? It just allows to override them?

Last edited by shmerl; 2011-11-14 at 23:27.

A bit of a separate question. Why are Nemo discussions take place in Harmattan section? Should there be a separate section for Mer/Nemo, or may be they need even separate forums (or may be Meego ones or whichever).

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I mean it for Nemo. I didn't test swipe manager, but how does it coexist with default gestures on Harmattan? It just allows to override them?
I dont know what it exactly do, but it does overrides it.

Just give it a try

To be honest, in light of current situation, I actually doesn't know why we're hosting categories for Harmattan - It should be replaced with categories about Mer.

Of course, I got nothing against N9/N950 categories, as far as they're related to Mer/Nemo/whatever Open thing running on it, but Harmattan? I doesn't see any reason, why Maemo community should host that. But, I don't like to start flamewar-offtopic here, so...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
<offtopic>
Harmattan is basically Maemo 6 under the hood so I don't see a problem.
</offtopic>

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
To be honest, in light of current situation, I actually doesn't know why we're hosting categories for Harmattan - It should be replaced with categories about Mer.

Of course, I got nothing against N9/N950 categories, as far as they're related to Mer/Nemo/whatever Open thing running on it, but Harmattan? I doesn't see any reason, why Maemo community should host that. But, I don't like to start flamewar-offtopic here, so...

/Estel
I agree. Of course harmattan needs a category,but nemo is nemo and not harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to kralde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Is it possible to call and sms with mer?

Originally Posted by kralde View Post
I agree. Of course harmattan needs a category,but nemo is nemo and not harmattan.
We went through this same discussion when Mer had its big run for the N8x0 and then the N900 (before MeeGo was announced). The answer we got back was that Mer would not get its own forum until it became a major player (ready for prime time, widely used, that kind of thing). But perhaps now Nemo is important enough to the future of Maemo-lovers that the answer will be different? Not sure.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
More solid self identity will help promoting the project. Just my opinion though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Just dropping this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQLIjcYAMU
Wow! That looks very nice!