Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Note: The Version and hence the Target is set explicit to 1.1. So, don't expect maemo5 style task switching at the N9 meego-harmattan device. To ensure to get this feature wait for the successor of the N9 or a clear statement by Nokia that N9 Meego 1.0 will be updated to Meego 1.1 with full support.
The N900 successor was never said to be running Meego 1.0 - it's was an early release for developers who want(ed) to get their feet wet with MeeGo (might end up in stuff like the WeTab from what I hear, though). What you talk about is said not be running vanilla 1.1 either, remember, it's a 'provisionally named MeeGo-Harmattan' which used to be called Maemo 6 (naturally, they share a lot of technology, but don't jump into conclusions by looking at MeeGo roadmaps as they are not directly applicable - yet).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
The N900 successor was never said to be running Meego 1.0 - it's was an early release for developers who want(ed) to get their feet wet with MeeGo (might end up in stuff like the WeTab from what I hear, though). What you talk about is said not be running vanilla 1.1 either, remember, it's a 'provisionally named MeeGo-Harmattan' which used to be called Maemo 6 (naturally, they share a lot of technology, but don't jump into conclusions by looking at MeeGo roadmaps as they are not directly applicable - yet).
Oh, yes. You're right. I guess I'm a little bit confused with this naming thing.
I only wanted to avoid wrond expectations and I can remember a post by Quim Gil early this year at the Harmattan renaming thread that he called the migration step Meego 1.0. But perhaps I'm wrong.

So, the first Meego device will run Maemo 6. So this Meego related issue has nothing to do with the first Meego device (probably N9). But my solution at the Bug report fixed the issue for the successor of the next device.

We will see how the first Meego device works. I expect at the moment Maemo 5 style multitasking. But we will see it soon.
In the end it gets anyway multitasking. No one has to worry about it and no matter how it looks like. It's not a first generation iPhone or Windows Phone 7 device. It's the next maemo/meego step.

And when it won't work like we want it. We were able at maemo5 to compile our own task switcher. And I guess we are able at maemo6 ("Meego 1.0") to do the same thing again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post: