Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
What about watching a file in the theme folder with inotify?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
When changing themes, I saw nothing significant (when running dbus-monitor) other than applets' osso_contexts being initialized due to hildon-home reloading the applets. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...
Damn.

/home/user/.osso/current-gtk-theme always seems to point to default; the only thing I've noticed is /etc/hildon/theme now points to the new theme after changing it.
Indeed; that's why 0.0.1 didn't work with other themes.

As Bundyo says, perhaps inotify on /etc/hildon/theme would work; but ideally I'd like some kind of system invocation so that there's nothing running in the background 24/7.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
I imagine you've figured this out by now, but anything in the ovi repo is categorized under "user/hidden" which is why they aren't getting put into the correct categories.
Oh man, that is ugly hack. Suppose so that the software wouldn't be visible in HAM and only ovi-webgui would be used..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Just for fun, I reflashed my N900 yesterday and set everything up fresh.

Catorise doesn't work now, though it is listed as an installed app by app manager.

I had installed it before as a deb and from Qole's repository etc. and it was working fine.

Edit: My mistake: the "more" with uncategorized programs seems to be back. Otherwise, the program seems to work fine. I would prefer an Other or Misc. folder to the More.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-01-14 at 12:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
happy to report that my catorise survived the OTA update to PR1.1 today and is working happily thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Catorise doesn't work now, though it is listed as an installed app by app manager.
Can you define "doesn't work", please? If possible, can you run /opt/catorise/catorise as root in X Terminal (and send me the output, if any) and the files /opt/catorise/menu and /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu/

I had installed it before as a deb and from Qole's repository etc. and it was working fine.
I think you're confused, as Catorise has only ever existed in Extras-devel. manzn's MyMenu was available as a deb and in qole's repo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Edit: My mistake: the "more" with uncategorized programs seems to be back. Otherwise, the program seems to work fine. I would prefer an Other or Misc. folder to the More.
If anyone (doesn't have to be a programmer) wants to help reverse engineer the translation IDs Application Manager uses, I think I can reuse them.

That'd turn "More..." into "Other".

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
If anyone (doesn't have to be a programmer) wants to help reverse engineer the translation IDs Application Manager uses, I think I can reuse them.

That'd turn "More..." into "Other".
textdomain: hildon-application-manager

msgids:

ai_category_all
ai_category_desktop
ai_category_development
ai_category_education
ai_category_games
ai_category_graphics
ai_category_multimedia
ai_category_navigation
ai_category_network
ai_category_office
ai_category_other
ai_category_science
ai_category_sharing_plugins
ai_category_system
ai_category_utilities

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
As Bundyo says, perhaps inotify on /etc/hildon/theme would work; but ideally I'd like some kind of system invocation so that there's nothing running in the background 24/7.
If it makes it any better, hildon-home watches /etc/hildon/theme. (Then again, hildon-home is expected to be running 24/7, which is your point, I guess...)
Status area plugin? (Yes, I know...)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-01-14 at 13:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
before i updated to PR1.1 I removed catorise now I've reinstalled it again all my category folders are now in correct order.
I tried same on 1.01 but did not work, so not sure if its a change in PR1.1 that fixed it

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Ah, of course. That could be it - my screenshots were taken using 2.2009.51-1 and so it's likely that as part of the fix for #6932 the behaviour on which I rely for ordering the top-level sections was also fixed.

Thanks for the reassurance! I can now concentrate on using the i18n keys from qwerty12 without worrying about non-determinism :-)

BTW, anyone have any thoughts on where "Conversations" and "Phone" should live? I've currently got them under "Utilities", but that doesn't quite seem right. "Network" perhaps? (phone network/human networking/IP-based comms)

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
catorise, jaffa, menu