Notices

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Looking good. Might prompt me to actually put some of my DnB onto my N900

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Hey guys, just a little update.

Heres the finished interface, little changes around the place and the addition of the monitor controls where the album art was.

Dont pay too much attention to the XF logo in the middle, it was a two second job to fill the space.

Im working on a design doc that covers all aspects of the app, so when i hopefull get some more people on board its there to follow and help speed things up.

Let me know what you think, and be sure to spread the word about this app. the more people that know, the more chance of getting it made!

Cheers
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s13n1 For This Useful Post:
Looks nice, im into testing too. But this is only a concept picture ? No coding done yet ?

Hmm with the current software releases... Seems like maemo is becoming the true xpressmusic of nokia

I dont think ill need testers, there will be regular releases so everyone can be testers.

I have no intention to make this a commercial app that you have to pay for. This is an app the whole community needs (and from the response so far wants), and if the community helps build it and test it, then they deserve it for free even more.

Ive still had no contact from anyone with programming experience..

Hopefully before xmas we can make a start!

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
I wish I could help you programme it

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Holland
this will be a great app! for a lot of fun and for a lot of people! Keep up the great work!!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Quite like the XF logo in the middle

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by s13n1 View Post
Hey guys, just a little update.

Heres the finished interface, little changes around the place and the addition of the monitor controls where the album art was.

Dont pay too much attention to the XF logo in the middle, it was a two second job to fill the space.

Im working on a design doc that covers all aspects of the app, so when i hopefull get some more people on board its there to follow and help speed things up.

Let me know what you think, and be sure to spread the word about this app. the more people that know, the more chance of getting it made!

Cheers
The picture looks like some equipment that is already existing:
did you really graph this all up?
;-)

If it is an existing application (->?) some porting of the code would be the way.

I've done programming years ago also for GUIs and therefore I wonder how one would manage the little knobs...
Select them and getting a larger image of the knob which you can turn? Select the enlarged knob once more so that it gets small again?

Also "FX" A and B points to some "FX" dialogue (one blue, one orange?)?
How should this look like? (I am no DJ and I think you need a DJ who also codes)

How is the equipment commanded? Via USB?
Is the USB of N900 capable of sending the correct USB commands? Do you get the information for the curves through USB fast enough?

Many questions.

I'm fairly sure porting mixxx with adjusted skin is the best way forward. in fact I'll try compiling mixxx in scratchbox for the hell of it (hell, with usb-hostmode I could [in theory, I doubt N900 has the power to handle control vinyls] hook up my Serato HW to it)

edit: running into weird issues with scons ("make replacement" I'm not familiar with) and I have other things to do as well so if someone else has gobs of spare time please take a look...

Last edited by rambo; 2010-12-15 at 22:46.

Tags
toads toaty