Active Topics

I'm already on OS2008, but here's my vote for improvements to it. I really like the finger-friendly wide vertical scrollbars, but wish they were available/default in more programs, particularly the new browser. I'd give up some screen real estate so as to not have to use the stylus or flick my finger up and down (which inevitably moves the page left and right, too!)

One way to implement it could be similar to how the thumb keyboard gets invoked---if you click on scrollbar with finger, it grows to wide version; otherwise it stays stylus-sized.

Originally Posted by zman View Post
xournal
Like I said it is already available:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13048

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
It's going to replace the built-in client, and it's freaking amazing (and fast).
Hey, isn't Claws Mail also "freaking amazing (and fast)"??

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Question:

I would like to try OS2008 on my N800, uploading form the Nokia site.

My Question is : can I go back from OS 2008 to OS2007 (reloading again from the Nokia site ?)

Abel.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Like I said it is already available:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13048
How or where are you getting a working package. I've been trying to install using 1-click from Maemo.org and everytime I attempt to install I get an error message "Xournal was unable to be installed" When I click on the Xournal and GhostScript in applications manager the status = Broken.

Am I missing something

I too would love to have Xournal. I would also like a financial/bank account manager; Pimlico Date and Tasks to actually install on my N810; and last but definately not least ABIWORD - Please!

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
There are a couple options for status-bar applet clocks right now, probably the best is the osso-statusbar-cpu, which is available for OS2008 right now.
Is osso-statusbar-cpu really availabile for OS2008 and fully functional? I thought it had some screen update bug if another app had focus, or maybe that was fixed. Any pointers to an os2008 version would make my day.