Active Topics

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by here.david View Post
THANK YOU! ...the enter key was the answer....
Thanks. Thats nice to hear

Then it shuld work with others too. I am sure I am not onlyone who doesnt use terminal and use only GUI.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Cleveland
The thing is, all I restored after reflashing was bookmarks and application list. Other than that, it was clean install. I still couldn't get pairing working with version 2.2007.50-2. Pairing worked perfectly with version 1.2007.44-4. (beta) Anybody else up to testing this?

Last edited by Tony Thomas; 2008-01-04 at 03:00.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Cleveland
Update: After successfully pairing using 1.2007.44-4. (beta), I upgraded to 2.2007.50-2 and restored settings, bookmarks and applications lists. Pairing now works under 2.2007.50-2.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California
Hello people,

Just want you to know that I had similar problems after updating to OS2008 on my N800 trying to pair it with the Stowaway BT keyboard. After reading this thread I decided to stop the frustration by re-installing the OS2008 and if the BT pairing did not work I would revert to the OS2007 which worked quickly.

Lucky for me the re-install turned out to be successful when pairing the BT keyboard. So, try it out. Erase or back up your data. The N800 is brand new so I decided to erase my little bit of data and start from scratch so no 'restore' needed in my case.

Good luck to you folks who are trying .

Have a good day.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I have an Apple BT Keyboard (small), N800 w/OS2008 and have had same problems as listed in this and other threads. Got it fixed by!!
Back-up 1st
Reflash same OS
Do Pairing (worked)
Now did restore and reinstalled apps.
I did shutdown and restart and everything seems to be working OK..
I want to thank everyone in this forum for there efforts in helping everyone else get the most out of this IT. Technology Rocks....Darren

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by mhoye View Post
So: install the X terminal, ssh client and server. It will ask you to change your password to something non-default, so do that.

ssh root@localhost, and login.

key in "cd /var/lib/blue" and then hit tab twice, tab-completion gets you into /var/lib/bluetooth/-your bt mac address-/

then do an ls, and that will show you a list of your bluetooth configuration files. so, flip over your keyboard and make a note of its mac address.

Then, open each of the files in that directory in turn, and delete any line that references that mac address and, if they're there, any empty blank lines at the beginning of the file.

Log out, power down and restart the n800. Now the pairing process should work as advertised.
Similar process worked for me! My keyboard (Freedom Universal - rebranded and sold by Palm) quit working on me and trying to remove it hung the bt process so I had to forcibly reboot via ssh. I've put info in the Wiki about it - see this

Gotta love the system prompt access on this device!!

BTW this is an excellent keyboard as it is basically a full PC keyboard with function keys accessed vi [Fn]+[nn] - "nn" being a top row digit keys.

mhoye's instructions (deleting the MAC addresses and rebooting the N800) worked great when I was having trouble with the iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth keyboard. Thanks mhoye!

This worked for me! Thanks!

Originally Posted by mhoye View Post
I've had the same pairing-after-a-restore problem that other people here have described, specifically the immediate "pairing failed" error you get trying to pair a BT keyboard. It's fixable without downgrading or reflashing, but you've got to get root access and be comfortable using vi (or any other in-terminal text editor) to do it.

So: install the X terminal, ssh client and server. It will ask you to change your password to something non-default, so do that.

ssh root@localhost, and login.

key in "cd /var/lib/blue" and then hit tab twice, tab-completion gets you into /var/lib/bluetooth/-your bt mac address-/

then do an ls, and that will show you a list of your bluetooth configuration files. so, flip over your keyboard and make a note of its mac address.

Then, open each of the files in that directory in turn, and delete any line that references that mac address and, if they're there, any empty blank lines at the beginning of the file.

Log out, power down and restart the n800. Now the pairing process should work as advertised.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to koolguynet For This Useful Post: