Active Topics

But SUPER is
A GUI to ffmpeg, MEncoder, mplayer, x264, mppenc,
ffmpeg2theora & the theora/vorbis RealProducer plugIn.
The most important of those is MEncoder, which can call ffmpeg's library IIRC, so the existing linux scripts and front-ends (which use mencoder or ffmpeg) should do as well; I wouldn't bother with a VM and Windows to run this under Linux.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Yep; it's just doing the same thing with a different interface.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Mencoder; it keeps stopping at ~5 minutes into a file, even though mplayer plays that same file all the way through just fine. I don't think there really are any alternatives on Linux, though...

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nok_fan08 View Post
Just an update on this. It turns out that I'm able to convert videos but only if I select H.264 as the video encoder. DivX4, DivX5 and XviD all fail. I must be missing a package but I haven't been able to figure out which one. I have the medibuntu repositories setup and I have installed the mplayer, mencoder and w32codecs package.

Hi there, same setup, same problem: With XVID, DivX5 and 4 encoding starts, and ends right away with
Code:
Return: 139

EDIT again: Motion estimation triggers the "Return: 139" - turning it off makes XVID work - but still not in 2-pass mode, it aborts after the first pass...

Using the newest version 2.05.

Cheers

Franko30

Last edited by Franko30; 2008-05-21 at 10:06.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
I wasn't in the market for a video converter because I thought the two I already had worked well enough, but then I got thinking that the sound had nver synced quite right in my converted vids, so I gave this a try. It works great! Thanks for making this app.

I am not technically savvy enough to know exactly what you did and why, but I will say that this has the easiest-to-use interface of all, even if it still has too many options in my opinion. I left all the settings just as they came 'out of the box' and it worked like a dream! Perfect, no stutter, sound is synced perfectly. Now I'll just have to get to work converting some vids. Thanks again

What can I say apart from 'Awesome Dude'.
I have my entire DVD library stored as .iso containers, and I thought I'd try and see if they would work ok (they don't on the Nokia Video Convertor) and taDAH ... perfect! Drop in .iso, hit go and then copy to my device.

Great work, and many thanks

BT

Hi,

I have seen issues with two-pass encoding and particularly motion estimation (especially in Linux). That's why I added a checkbox to disable motion estimation. I usually do a bunch of movies in one swoop then go back and find the chunks that failed and redo them in single pass mode. Maybe mencoder will get it together to fix this...

Mark

Last edited by MarkZ; 2008-06-05 at 12:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to MarkZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigTony View Post
What can I say apart from 'Awesome Dude'.
I have my entire DVD library stored as .iso containers, and I thought I'd try and see if they would work ok (they don't on the Nokia Video Convertor) and taDAH ... perfect! Drop in .iso, hit go and then copy to my device.

Great work, and many thanks

BT
Could I just ask, what exactly did you do to get a DVD onto the N810?. The 'Convert DVD Track' is greyed out on my version (2.05) of Media Convertor. Any clues?

Same here NVC does not support .vob files, if it is extracted of a dvd thats the file usually available, how does one convert that than or what is being used.

Ok - it must be me! I would like to play some Training Videos as I commute, tried Nokia Internet tablet converter without success as they are .mov files. Found this thread, grabbed the full download, unzipped hit the .bat file for windows and poof a flurry of activity, a "run box" then nothing . . .
I also tried the version from maemo (1.4?) and the results were not worth watching, but it did work.

Help

Thanks in advance for your response

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hi,

First off, thanks for a great multi-platform video converter for the tablet!! Great work!

I realized that on my quad-core vista media center, only the 4th core is being fully utilized while my other cores are barely working. I wanted to know if you can add multi-core support through mencoder by adding "lavcopts=threads=4" as an argument AFAIK.

Thank you for your time and support!

shaq