Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
As for the N810 option that several people have been asking about... if somebody can find/source a micro-AB adapter I'll take a look to see, but at this point I can't find one available anywhere.

-Rob
Is this what you are looking for? For the n810?
http://www.retractablecables.com/new...roupcode=I3647

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Is this what you are looking for? For the n810?
http://www.retractablecables.com/new...roupcode=I3647
Hmmm looks about right, though that male A connector is not quite as nice as the female A that you'd really expect, so you'd need to attach a gender changer as well for most applications. Since that's marked as an "OTG" connector it might already have the appropriate pins shorted, though I'd be surprised as I don't get the impression that whoever designed it in the first place really had a practical application in mind for it.

Good idea on the marking the adapter so that people won't get it mixed up; one of the other guys here at the office is pretty creative when it comes to things like that so I'll see what the best permanent way we can come up with is.

-Rob

Micro B to Mini B is here, and it is 5 pin so transmits the sense line. It also can be used to short pins 4 and 5 (brown and black wires inside) to make the cable force host.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-micro.../dp/B000Y032X8

That adapter looks like its primary function is to break the ports in portable devices by hanging them off of USB ports in PCs.... I though micro-A was for host mode, so you wouldn't be wanting a full-A female on it. If you wanted a full-A female, you should have micro-B, I thought.
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Good idea on the marking the adapter so that people won't get it mixed up; one of the other guys here at the office is pretty creative when it comes to things like that so I'll see what the best permanent way we can come up with is.
But why mark it? It'll look just like a straight-thru adapter? Well, yeah, it'll look like a mini-b (male) to full-A (female) straight-thru adapter. So it won't get confused with the non-hostmode mini-B (male) to full-A (male) straight-thru adapters people have laying around, I would think...

Oh well, just make it ugly or permanent, but not both, and we'll be happy.

Is this the same thing that you are offering?

Also found this, not sure if it's OTG.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Is this the same thing that you are offering?
That looks like the same adapter that I'm starting with, but it does not have pins 4 and 5 shorted to enable host mode automatically like the ones I'm offering will.

Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Also found this, not sure if it's OTG.
Same thing; it still seems that this "OTG" idea is fairly new to the USB cable manufacturers, so virtually all adapters and cables unless they clearly emphasize "OTG" do not support it properly (thus the customized adapter solution that I'm proposing).

Got a bit delayed on things but the first batch of adapters should be ready in the next day or two, I'll keep the thread updated.

Thanks,
-Rob

jolouis,

Is there a site or a pre-order list that i can get on?

I am a little confused about how or if at all one could
use Rob's adapter on the N810. Would you just need
some kind of micro to mini usb adapter? Are there
any such things?

For N810 use micro-USB A to USB A cable + female - female adapter ... works fine without any cable modifications.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I'd be interested in the USB adapter, but I'd also like to have an adapter from the propriety 4 pole audio/mike plug for the N800 to conventional stereo mini plug.
The same here! The USB adapter would be great, and the audio adapter should have both headphones and mic female jacks so that I could use my Koss SB/45 set with N800.