Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hey JoeD
don't need to thanks for the patient if we are providing a software that aims to make things easier, We need to be ready to help! ))

Hope you like beta9!

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

JKhalid, did you try in a individual album?
can you send me the tags for the album name / artist name so we can test?

Marcelo

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
Bug??

I just had an alarm go off, while canola was playing, and it froze canola. I dismissed the alarm, and canola would not respond to screen input.

Just thought you should know.

The new version is very snappy, running tuning right now to update covers. Excellent work to everyone on the team, and thank you all. I particularly love the on the move playlist, which is where I am heading next for more 'testing.' 8-)

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by handful View Post
JKhalid, did you try in a individual album?
can you send me the tags for the album name / artist name so we can test?

Marcelo
That worked! Once I went to 3-album view, I could download individual album covers through options menu. Slower than downloading them all in one shot, but it works. Thanks!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Ok, this may seem like a stupid "problem." I installed the newest version of canola, everything went fine. The menu items were quicker, BUT the scrolling of the list was much worse. Sometime the kinetic scrolling would jump around, sometimes not scroll at all, etc... This was the only problem (its a big problem, because it is hard to select songs as well), great job on this! But...

Ok this is the stupid part. I accidentally downloaded a large video to the internal memory (ROM) instead of the memory card! Now, I did not realize this, and this only gave me around 3 MB free space left on the device. When I ran Canola, it would not show any music, videos etc. This is kinda expected, because I had no space! Now comes the werid part. I thought, at that time, that maybe it was a temporary problem. So I quit Canola, and tried to restart. Nothing happened. So them I tried to run it from the terminal. No output, nothing, it just sat there, and then quit. After I removed the "rogue" video file, everything seems to work fine (except for the scrolling).

Thanks for the great program

Edit: Wait, does the list now have pressure support? Because I just tried it with a light touch, and it seemed to work much better.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2008-05-21 at 02:58.

I've gotten to play a little more today, and things are looking really good. The kinetic scrolling seems to be improved. I had been having issues with accidental clicks, but since I upgrading things seem to be going smoother (no accidental clicks).

I have hit one bug. While downloading podcasts, using my blackberry for internet, I had a call come in, and lost my connection. I never could get those downloads to restart/resume. I tried reconnecting to a couple of different networks (wireless) and reconnecting to my phone. I tried closing and restarting Canola. I tried shutting down the tablet. (I did grow up using MS-Dos & Windows) I ended up deleting the partially downloaded files in Canola and starting the downloads over. Which did work.

I had trouble with the 'Todays Feeds' page. I have a bunch of feeds, and it seems to be hanging while it is trying to fetch all of today's podcasts. It seems to be making progress for a while, the spinning circle has little pauses, which always has seemed to mean it is finding something to me. Then it starts spinning without stopping and the list never loads. I gave up after about 15 minutes. It doesn't take 15 minutes to load each one individually from the My Feeds page, and start my downloads. I wish the Todays Feeds page would show some sort of progress as it fetches new content. Either telling me which podcast it is fetching, and what it finds as it goes. Or maybe just a status 'Fetching 1 of 10', etc.

Maybe when I am done downloading all of my Podcasts for the day I will try the Youtube plugin.

Thanks,

Hal

Khalid, this is really odd, because one by one is the same thing.. I think one file is breaking the search : /// if we could find it it would be nice to debug.

@thesandlord

did you really had that much problem with the scrolling? are you trying to scroll in the middle of the list and not on the bottom on in the corners? are you putting enough pressure to be recognize was a click and drag? Can you test with the stylus? I had some feedback from users that were complaining and they saw that it was lack of pressure. (of course it's damn easier to be our fault, as we are not satisfied with the list still)

Apart from the jump : it's more due to CPU hogging, if it's canola.. or you touchscreen is generating erractic mouse coordinates (is that calibrated) ?

The lack of memory is really like that. if there's no memory on the internal memory we are not able even to start it to give you an error : /

about the light touch : yes we indeed improve it to not have miss clicks anymore ( WOW now I'm relieved )
BR

I just updated, it's late so I may be missing something obvious, but where would I find the UPNP list?

It is VERY snappy, muito melhor!!

EDIT: Found it, didn't realize it was a plugin. I'll play tomorrow, boa noite.

Last edited by rhouge; 2008-05-21 at 04:18. Reason: updated

Bug??

I just had an alarm go off, while canola was playing, and it froze canola. I dismissed the alarm, and canola would not respond to screen input.

Just thought you should know.

The new version is very snappy, running tuning right now to update covers. Excellent work to everyone on the team, and thank you all. I particularly love the on the move playlist, which is where I am heading next for more 'testing.' 8-)
Did you use a particular application for the alarm? So we can reproduce the bug here?
Thanks for the compliments..!

I've gotten to play a little more today, and things are looking really good. The kinetic scrolling seems to be improved. I had been having issues with accidental clicks, but since I upgrading things seem to be going smoother (no accidental clicks).
Yes Hal, Adriano added some more "preventive" variables, and after some heavy user testing (first list was really error-free but then it was impossible to click ) we got this middle term,

About the feeds : I personally complained about that slowness, and also about the lack of feedback. I have a huge list of places where feedback is needed, and they will be added. But don't worry this my feeds page will have some improvements on next beta, trying to reach a usable point is the key for it now.

New youtube is coming soon

Marcelo

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, I'm still having video/audio playback issues with choppy video and audio. I've tried uninstalling Canola with the Canola uninstall utility several times in a row, then rebooting, then installing everything again. It appears as though I have mPlayer .26 official verson from the extras repository. I don't have any devel grade repositories installed (as far as I can tell) and I have no idea how to remove python-launcher, or where it's located.

I've had this issues since v8, but decided to wait until 9 to see if anything changed.I just ran through the sequence described in the forums for version 8 several times with v.9 and no luck. Any additional suggestions?