Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
(Actually this file or the flasher scipt is inefficient or the source of the problem - the script is doing "rm -rf" on each line of the above file which means recursively remove files and directories, but the list has both files, then the containing directories, e.g. /usr/local/lib/testserver/... but also removes /usr/local completely too)
yes, that's on purpose. The list was generated by output of find command, hand edited and I planned to use 'rm' only, later I decided to use -rf because new stuff may appear in those directories and I wanted to remove them completely. The inefficiency is there but it doesn't matter much so I kept whole list for reference.

The source of the problem is that I expected whole /usr/local to contain unneeded stuff (And it was like this for 3 years/devices, the libiw.so library is probably there by mistake anyway since the iwtool binary is in /usr/bin not /usr/local/bin)

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
While you are updating, I know how to add the console (font, bitblt, etc. modules) on the alternate vt, but it would be a lot more convenient if I could get those modules loaded and whatever enabled as part of this install script.
Yeah. I already updated it with changed to_remove.lst. I know about fb console but it needs different modules for different devices/kernels so it is a bit more work. Also on devices without keyboard it needs also usb host mode switch and for N810 it needs console keyboard map (for writing numbers and other blue symbols, FN key mapping is done at X11/GTK level).

So the plan was to include it when whole framebuffer emergency/recovery shell console is ready. Also I guess those who need it are skilled enough to put those modules there by themselves. The guide is here in the forum and in the wiki too.

Still I guess the big plan didn't went so far so I guess I'll try to do it in more baby steps and eventually do as you suggest :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post: