Notices

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I've been talking to the Hydrogen developer, and I've convinced him to port it to the N900, Josh! But he doesn't have an N900 yet, and wanted to know about the developer discount. He said all he needs is Qt4, which I said was supported. Hope I didn't misspeak.

Needless to say, we'll be on some Hydrogen/N900 coming soon. Here's the last of our messages:

I'm very happy to see that people likes hydrogen and want to put on a mobile device. I'm a Nokia 770 owner and some time ago I tried with small luck to port hydrogen (or a part of it) on this small device running maemo 2. The main problem was that the 770 have too little CPU power and RAM, but probably these things are now better on the N900.
All the code is always available as a GPL project here (http://www.facebook.com/l/13317;hydrogen-music.org).
I'm interested in doing this port (as long as Maemo has QT4) but without owning a N900 I bet it's not very easy. How much does it cost the n900? Do you know if there's some "developer" discount?
Ciao

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Sicccccck!

Any videos/screenshots of this app? This is going to be dopppe.

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/

Its on, Joshua! Looks similar to Nuendo with some Fruity Loops drum editing mixed in. He's pretty serious about it, too, and was looking into it before I approached him.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Okay, so visually, it could use a boost up. Where should I begin ?

I think he has a team in place, but you can offer your artistic skills to him. He may need your help. He's on Facebook.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
here is the demonstration of working lmms on n810
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwdOdzPM58

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McLightning For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by McLightning View Post
here is the demonstration of working lmms on n810
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwdOdzPM58
Wow! Is it available somewhere for download?

What about external USB keyboard, connected to N810?

ok guys sorry if this has already been saidm but as much as i would love to see FL Studios on an N810 or the N900, i dont see it happening anytime soon. unless there is a super lite look alike. see, i would even be happy with an app like "AudioBox" or other apps for WinMo devices and iPhones.

in my opinion, most people are stuck on the iPhone apps.
if i had the programming knowledge, i would have created an app by now or at least a rough draft. even my PSP can create music with "Traxxpad", which is a very powerful music production program. something like this on a tablet would be one of the greatest things to happen for the producer on the go.

Its 7:30am, you're on the bus on your way to a long day at work and you get a groove in your head but oh no, your still saving up for a laptop, and you dont have a computer powerful enough to handle the programs at work. DUN! DUINN!! DUNNN!! now, if you're like me and have a short attention span, then you're going to have some trouble keepin tha tune all day...

i personally, am a person who needs to get the idea and patetrns down as soon as they come becase theres about 40 seconds to 5 mins before another idea pops in my head...all day...its frustrating. but maybe i can wait for "Ardour" for my N810. also, when the N900 can run one of the programs i use(FL Studio, Reason and Ableton), thats when i'll buy it.
I am fine with my N810 for now.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Is there any news re. the development of Hydrogen on the N900?

I'd love to be able to compose on-the-go...

Last edited by jedi; 2010-02-05 at 10:42.

kashief I have a temporary solution for you. You can whistle the tune and record it.

Tags
audio, fl studio