Notices

When I try to install 0.3 it wont do it and says Im missing these:

libc6 (>= 2.7-1)
libgcc1 (>= 1:4.3)

What can I do to fix this?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Translation to Spanish (Latin America)

XB-Maemo-Display-Name: Soporta mas decodificadores.
XB-Description: Reproduccion de mas formatos de video y audio.

BTW, thanks for the add-on works amazing with FLAC audio files. If you need to translate more things to spanish just pm me (if possible).

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Please vote for Extra Decoders Support 0.3.4-1. 10 votes needed.

The changes in this version are relatively minor. I've added a confirm text with information about corner cases (tracker times out), there's a troubleshooting wiki page, some translations added (thanks guys!), re-added MKV support for Maemo 5 2.2009.51-1 release (PR1.1). Package is now compatible with both PR1.0 and PR1.1 with the same feature set.

Oh, and don't post in the other thread, I'm confused enough as it is.

Also, the playback issues you're having after updating to PR1.1 are most likely not related to this package.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Why do we need to vote?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by salah99 View Post
Why do we need to vote?
To promote package for general use from extras-devel.

at first i want to apologize couse i don't have the time to go through the whole thread right now.

After i uninstalled the extra decoders supoort i can't play music files (mp3) anymore.

I keep getting an error i would translate it to "can't process task" or something like that.

I there a way to fix this or do i have to reflash my device?

Originally Posted by donsaibot View Post
at first i want to apologize couse i don't have the time to go through the whole thread right now.

After i uninstalled the extra decoders supoort i can't play music files (mp3) anymore.

I keep getting an error i would translate it to "can't process task" or something like that.

I there a way to fix this or do i have to reflash my device?
Is that so? Can you try restarting your phone and trying again? If this is the case then this may be a Huge blocker.

I have rebooted many times and also reinstalled extra decoders. it didn't help.

Also i can't play AVI files.... very frustrating.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
OK, we have enough votes, now we need to wait 10 days before I can promote this to Extras.

donsaibot:

It's virtually impossible for this package to mess something up, because it's impossible to overwrite decoder libraries from other packages. No vital configuration files are altered in any significant way. I have tested this package by running a clean installation (every dependency of decoders-support removed manually) and everything works fine.

Have you perhaps been messing with other, untested packages, such as subtitles support or other related ones?

I suggest reading the troubleshooting guide and using the information from the "Re-installing from X Terminal" section.

Hi ,

First thanks for the job you did with Extra Decoders .

I have some questions who need answers, there's some codecs my N900 can't read for the moment :

++Real Media in .ram, .rm (cf RealPlayer in http://test.orb.com/streamtest/home.jsp)

++3gp Player (amr & aac) in .sdp (cf 3gp Player in http://test.orb.com/streamtest/home.jsp)

Are these codecs supported by your Extra Decoders ? Else can i expect they'll be supported in the future ?

Thanks for your answer.

Bye.
babylonV2000