Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Not to criticize anyone's choices (and the Desire is one of the handsets I am considering for my Christmas upgrade), but people should wait a bit and see the new Symbian launch (and supposedly Harmattan is coming this year too). In fact, due to everything happening in this year in the mobile market, I would advise everyone to wait for Christmas...
You mean try to survive until Christmas!

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Are you saying the N900 has better web browsing capabilities than the Desire? Does it play online video such as youtube videos faster than the N900? Also, is it capable of playing Xvid videos like the N900?
I'm not sure actually - I'm getting to grips with it now and the browser is good. Is it better than the n900....not sure. Its close.

Just opened the YouTube app - not something I use. Opened and ran it perfectly well.

Dont know on Xvid.

Last edited by bonerp; 2010-04-15 at 10:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
You mean try to survive until Christmas!
(aimed at the previous post)

If you waited for everything in life you'd never get anything!

I bought the N900 which wasnt polished and still isn't nearly 5 months on. I've bought previous Nokias on symbian that are generally dogs for the first 6 months (N96/N97 for instance).

Now I've bought a HTC which hasn't dropped a plop in 3 days. I'm well impressed.

Will I ever go back to Nokia?? Ever is a long time. But things need to work right first time in Nokia land. but they don't very often.

They need to pick up their game considerably to meet the expectation of users. HTC has done that with the Desire and from what I've read other devices. I am sure they have had problems too. Maybe Nokia will get their in time. But people don't give firms time nowadays. Theres an expectation for products to do what they are intended to do.

I have just this moment sold my N900 - I almost shed a tear, but then I reached into my pocket for my Desire.... I really am very pleased and very impressed with the Desire.

I do want to say a BIG thanks to people on here that have found how to improve the N900 and share it. This is a good community and will grow in strength.

The N900 is a powerful device and I hope it goes from strength to strength. But for now, I have everything and more in the HTC.

Last edited by bonerp; 2010-04-15 at 10:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:

Tags
the herd is thinning, we prune in the fall