Active Topics

As long as it can easily access the PlayStation Network thru your PSN ID, and let you download psp games and demo, only then can it be worthy of being called a Playstation device. Although if we are forced to think inside the bounderies of this monetary system, I'm sure Sony will purposefully handicap its so called "psp-phone" in order not to affect sales of the real PSP2...and that's the part that angers me. Profits over sustainability

whats up with the tags here? some mod needs to sort that out.

@IsaacDFP

That's exactly what I was thinking... the PlayStation program is activated within Android but it does not rely on the Android OS, it functions by itself, natively, so that it can access the processor's potential. It is also a closed proprietary system and can access the PSN.
Then it could really earn the honorable title as "The PlayStation Phone".

If this thing attracts potential PSP2 buyers, it will not hurt SONY in any way because it is still making a profit (probably a larger one). And I'd think this beast would steal alot of customers from iOS and other Android devices, so that SONY would decide to make the device sustainable. So your worries are ill-based.

But instead we get a Sony Ericsson Xperia Xplay (uurgh!).

@Cue
lol, that's hilarious, nice catch (sounds like a hipop rhyme)

Tags
sony can lick, sweat from my.., thick dick