Active Topics

Notices

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
thanks reffyyy, got my n900 to show up in the xbox at least, but the damn thing still wont show my media, i've updated / rebuilt the tracker, had a leafpad through it and looked thoroughly confused, and anything else i can think of, the only error i get is when starting fuppes
Code:
/home/user/.fuppes/vfolder.cfg:1: parser error : XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
edit: ignore the error code, was a single space at the start of the vfolder, removing that removed the error, but never brought any of my music.

edit2: infact just ignore me altogether, after a few hours messing with leafpad, amending the vfolder, searching the internet, the reason the media wasn't showing was because you have to press 'v' in fuppes to build the 'virtual database' sorry. (self facepalm)

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2011-04-04 at 15:59.

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
thanks reffyyy, got my n900 to show up in the xbox at least, but the damn thing still wont show my media, i've updated / rebuilt the tracker, had a leafpad through it and looked thoroughly confused, and anything else i can think of, the only error i get is when starting fuppes
Code:
/home/user/.fuppes/vfolder.cfg:1: parser error : XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
edit: ignore the error code, was a single space at the start of the vfolder, removing that removed the error, but never brought any of my music.

edit2: infact just ignore me altogether, after a few hours messing with leafpad, amending the vfolder, searching the internet, the reason the media wasn't showing was because you have to press 'v' in fuppes to build the 'virtual database' sorry. (self facepalm)

So you can stream to your Xbox now?

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
Code:

Sorry for not replying earlier, I didn't see the thread. Well, it's all sorted now.

I'm working on a QML GUI for Fuppes at the moment. I already have a fully functional widget but would like to redesign it. Looks a bit too...big, I guess.

Time is always a detrimental factor in my life.

In case I start Fuppes when I am connected to another Wi-Fi network (other than the one on which I installed my Fupped)...I recieve the following error....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ /opt/bin/fuppes
FUPPES - 0.660
the Free UPnP Entertainment Service
http://fuppes.ulrich-voelkel.de
[ERROR] failed to bind socket to : 192.168.1.2:0
[exiting]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My IP address in the new network is different from the one displayed above....is there a way to change it???

Last edited by n900ak; 2011-04-11 at 18:20.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I got it working fine with a PS3 (I also have 2 360s but I hate it as streaming client). However my Sony Bravia KDL 40EX500 TV's DNLA client keeps saying media server not supported in its DNLA server diagnosis screen. It sees it but it wont work. Since Bravia Engine 3 DNLA client is based on the PS3's (it works fine with the java ps3mediaserver) this is very puzzling and frustrating.
Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Originally Posted by n900ak View Post
In case I start Fuppes when I am connected to another Wi-Fi network (other than the one on which I installed my Fupped)...I recieve the following error....
$ /opt/bin/fuppes
FUPPES - 0.660
[ERROR] failed to bind socket to : 192.168.1.2:0
[exiting]
My IP address in the new network is different from the one displayed above....is there a way to change it???
Yeah, you should have bound it to an interface and not an IP address. You'll need to change it on the config file.

I've managed to build an even smaller server for this. Fuppes has too many external libraries and dependencies that I don't care to build for Maemo.

The new package is pre-configured to share Videos (~/MyDocs/.videos), Music (~/MyDocs/Music) and Pictures (~/MyDocs/DCIM).

Self-contained binary that supports more features. It's faster, smaller and easier to configure. My entire library (30GB) is cataloged into a small 11MB SQLite3 database.

It depends on the package "libid3tag0" in order to provide metadata and sorting functionality which was a huge headache with Fuppes.

It "just works" with PS3, WMP, VLC and I'll be testing XBOX as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I've managed to build an even smaller server for this. Fuppes has too many external libraries and dependencies that I don't care to build for Maemo.

The new package is pre-configured to share Videos (~/MyDocs/.videos), Music (~/MyDocs/Music) and Pictures (~/MyDocs/DCIM).

Self-contained binary that supports more features. It's faster, smaller and easier to configure. My entire library (30GB) is cataloged into a small 11MB SQLite3 database.

It depends on the package "libid3tag0" in order to provide metadata and sorting functionality which was a huge headache with Fuppes.

It "just works" with PS3, WMP, VLC and I'll be testing XBOX as well.
Details to follow.....? Checking that you did not mean to attach a binary but omitted to.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I could get it to show up on my TV but whenever I click select Fubbes Nokia N900, it crashed.

~ $ /opt/bin/fuppes
FUPPES - 0.660

webinterface: http://192.168.1.101:49183

r = rebuild database
u = update database
i = print system info
h = print help

press "ctrl-c" or "q" to quit

u
[ContentDatabase] create database at Tue Apr 26 23:51:08 2011
remove missing
[DONE] remove missing
read shared directories
[DONE] read shared directories
parse playlists
[DONE] parse playlists
parse iTunes databases
[DONE] parse iTunes databases
[ContentDatabase] database created at Tue Apr 26 23:51:08 2011
fuppes: lib/HTTP/HTTPMessage.cpp:157: std::string CHTTPMessage::GetHeaderAsString(): Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted
~ $

What did I do wrong?
I got "vfolder.cfg" inside /home/user/.fubbes

How can i get it to work?

Thanks

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-04-26 at 11:50.

Tags
dlna upnp, media server