Active Topics

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by verrnum View Post
Hi,

I found a buyer for my N900.

I think i will buy N9 64 GB.

What do you think between 16Gb and 64 Gb ?

16 GB is only for data, or apps + data ?
MyDocs is ~9GB. I would go for the 64GB model if you want to store music/video content.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
The main reason I sold my N900 and switched to the N9 were the 3G bands. The N900 is incompatible with most Canadian carriers, while the N9 is compatible with all of them.

While I liked the N900 more, I was always stuck with very low internet speeds.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
did op buy a N9 or what?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
If you're looking for a smartphone that you need to restart almost everyday due to issues with the 3g, then this is your machine!

If you use gmail, then it's your machine again! Because all the other accounts that I've tried DO NOT work...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
did op buy a N9 or what?
i wasn't the OP but i did have a post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=37 in this thread considering buying one, and ended up getting a magenta 16GB over the weekend. i didn't have time to go to my operator to change to a micro sim yet so it hasn't really been used. all i've done was charging the battery, updating the firmware via NSU (will try to find ways to flash it on non-debian linux), and importing contacts from a Nokia 2700 via bluetooth.

all in all it was love at first sight. i just couldn't keep my eyes and hands off that sexy body now i'm looking forward to getting to know her better (using it), to look for her inner beauty (enabling dev mode), and to see if i could live with, or try to amend (tweaks and future updates), her flaws (bugs and shortcomings).

i'm already pondering getting a 64GB (black or white) for myself, but it is too hard to part with the N900. i'll wait and see how the 16GB N9 fares.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by nokix View Post
i wasn't the OP but i did have a post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=37 in this thread considering buying one, and ended up getting a magenta 16GB over the weekend. i didn't have time to go to my operator to change to a micro sim yet so it hasn't really been used. all i've done was charging the battery, updating the firmware via NSU (will try to find ways to flash it on non-debian linux), and importing contacts from a Nokia 2700 via bluetooth.

all in all it was love at first sight. i just couldn't keep my eyes and hands off that sexy body now i'm looking forward to getting to know her better (using it), to look for her inner beauty (enabling dev mode), and to see if i could live with, or try to amend (tweaks and future updates), her flaws (bugs and shortcomings).

i'm already pondering getting a 64GB (black or white) for myself, but it is too hard to part with the N900. i'll wait and see how the 16GB N9 fares.
You can be sure you get completely used to your N9 in a week, so you wonīt ever even think about using another phone
The N9 is a masterpiece of a user-friendly phone, just wait for PR1.2 (hopefully in a week or two) and itīll get even better...
If it had a few more really decent apps, itīd be non-comparable to anything out there so far...
though I can imagine some 2Ghz dual-core CPU with 12mpx camera with much larger optics

Hi ,

Thanks all for your feedback.

I sold today my N900, it was a great phone, but screen too much smaller, internet browsing not possible (missing multi point).

I plan to order tomorrow the N9 64 GB Black... i know there are pro/cons versus the Samsung SG2.

Question : where is the official meego community website ?

Thanks all

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
If you're looking for a smartphone that you need to restart almost everyday due to issues with the 3g, then this is your machine!

If you use gmail, then it's your machine again! Because all the other accounts that I've tried DO NOT work...

I don't share any of your problems. You might have got a defective unit, or your operator's network might be of bad quality.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I don't share any of your problems. You might have got a defective unit, or your operator's network might be of bad quality.
Unfortunately I'm not the only one having issues with 3g network simply disappearing from the menu:

http://forums.internettablettalk.com...ad.php?t=82183

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by verrnum View Post
Question : where is the official meego community website ?
forum.meego.com
talk.maemo.org

The latter is more vibrant, & much higher volume...
It's still handy visit FMC occasionally if you can spare the time.
But TMO is really the official non-official forum nowadays.

The name MeeGo has no real meaning to the community any more.
The N9 basically runs Maemo 6x anyway (Harmattan).
Nokia wasn't even close to transitioning to real MeeGo before the strategy was canned last Feb.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-20 at 22:12.