Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
You are pretty ridiculous for calling peoples devices fakes. I have 2 n9's, and both exibit the same peeling. You wont make many friends on the forum being so rude.
Agreed. It isn't fake. Calling all devices that have peeling "paint" fake is absurd.

i have the same effect on one of the bottom edge of the phone. Grayish color. Luckily its not very visible. I think i banged it when it fell from my pocket to a hard surface in my car.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Not really super sweaty, no sand. Could be chemical exposure though, I use a lot of powerful degreaser at work.

China. Bought it from Singapore, imported to US.

Mine is also Made in China, all those released in Asia are. Dont think it's got to do with where it's made.
Could be the chemicals at your workplace cos my N9 still looks pretty black & nice. Had it since 1st release (how many months already?) It's my pocket together with my other phone & both phones rub together a lot. It has the silicone cover on though

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-03-05 at 17:57.

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
You are pretty ridiculous for calling peoples devices fakes. I have 2 n9's, and both exibit the same peeling. You wont make many friends on the forum being so rude.
Well, polycarbonate don't peel. There's no other way to put it. It may crack, but it will never peel. But - acetone could maybe give the appearance of peeling. Acetone will soften the PC, liquefy it even. Then the softened material can be scratched off by your nails or by any other sharpish instrument. Even so you would need a fair amount of acetone, and acetone on your hands evaporates within seconds. Besides, it the LED is also PC, and most likely the camera lens, why aren't they affected?

Naah, your devices are fake, made of cheap plastic. Just accept it. It would be nice though to see statistics on peeling incidents vs land of manufacturing, or peeling incidents vs reseller.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Are you demented? This polycarbonate has a special sprayed paint layer

Originally Posted by MaemoJirka View Post
Are you demented? This polycarbonate has a special sprayed paint layer
So you keep on saying. Care to prove it? some link perhaps?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Do you have any proof? Asking for it and not giving any is quite the odd stance.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Yes of course, the evidence are a few claimed covers from customers.
By those covers only the first matt paint layer is peeled off - that is all the next layer below does not peel off at all,Mr.genius!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Do you have any proof? Asking for it and not giving any is quite the odd stance.
Is it now. Well, I was not the one who pulled a sprayed paint layer out of my hat.

Originally Posted by MaemoJirka View Post
Yes of course, the evidence are a few claimed covers from customers.
By those covers only the first matt paint layer is peeled off - that is all the next layer below does not peel off at all,Mr.genius!
A dubious cover up story from a Nokia Care person is no proof of anything. I take this as a NO to my question above.