Active Topics

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Bump.

Please can I have an answer, or at least some feedback. The silence is deafening.

This is a serious question. If I'm being out of line asking it, please tell me. If this is the wrong place, please tell me. etc.
Why is it you talk to them very respectfully and more than one time too i might add and you STILL GET NO ANSWER !.

What is with this almighty gracious council that cannot answer a valid question but can answer a stupid one about the noise on TMO?.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
In mood for rhetorical questions, eh?
Actually, that's not a rhetorical question, although it is a direct one. There are prominent members of the community who see maemo.org as obsolete.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
OK, but anyone from the Council asked about that *directly*? If not, can (and if yes, when) someone ask about it?

I generally understand your point, but it would be much better to *know* things, that *assuming* what Nokia may do if we do what we may do if...
I don't recall, but I doubt it. The meetings logs are available.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Actually, that's not a rhetorical question, although it is a direct one. There are prominent members of the community who see maemo.org as obsolete.
Says it all really.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
No. But I am saying you consistently jump to bizarre conclusions about my posts.
like this, for example...
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Yeah bravo maemo forum champ misJERK.

[...]
see what i mean?

EDIT: Texrat,

maybe you could also start a "moderator thread" where ppl can talk to the moderators, instead of passing thru the council thread?

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-15 at 16:30.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Use the 'report post' button. If they're interested to chat with us then they'll do so in relevant threads or pm.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Probably best to ignore bad posts and just get on with it because mods just complain anyhow when you report a post it seems
even to the point of quitting over it.

It is a no win situation on here with the council and moderators.

I think we should have an announcement as to where Maemo.org is going very soon..... i hope !.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
like this, for example...

see what i mean?

EDIT: Texrat,

maybe you could also start a "moderator thread" where ppl can talk to the moderators, instead of passing thru the council thread?
There is no connection between your original post, my reply, and what you just posted.

But to the point of vi__'s insult, feel free to report the post. One of the super moderators can assign an infraction point.

As for your suggestion, I like it. It would be nice to get input from other moderators...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Probably best to ignore bad posts and just get on with it because mods just complain anyhow when you report a post it seems
even to the point of quitting over it.

It is a no win situation on here with the council and moderators.

I think we should have an announcement as to where Maemo.org is going very soon..... i hope !.
If you don't like the moderation here you are always free to take up roost at any other forum more to your liking.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post

I don't recall, but I doubt it. The meetings logs are available.

Ok, but considering theoretical option of "dying" is little counter-effective for me. Actually, we don't need to do anything, if we want to die, it just happen, when You stop drinking/eating etc (or paying bills for hosting server, in this case). you know what I mean - if someone things maemo.org is obsolete, and don't feel like contributing anymore, it's ok - they don't have to. But I don't think why other people, still interested in project, should discuss this as an option.

As for directly asking about Nokia repos - you've answered first half of my question, Thank You for that. But, what about second part of my question - "can someone (and if yes, when) ask *directly* about it"?

// Edit

Also, i second question, why the hell are we damned to deal with abil_nonsense. Not so long ago, he was warned by chemist, that another off-topic post will get him "this time" permanently banned. From that point, he was doing it 32432432 times, including insults, fud on purpose etc. I would really like to know why supermoderators are so "selective" on their banning actions.

If this is wrong thread to ask this question, tell me. If You won't answer me, please tell me why. I think we at least *deserve* and answer why one bad guy (orange_box) can be banned, and another can't.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-08-15 at 17:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Bump.

Please can I have an answer, or at least some feedback. The silence is deafening.

This is a serious question. If I'm being out of line asking it, please tell me. If this is the wrong place, please tell me. etc.
I have been unable to get an authoritative answer on this. I closed the one thread where I could.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council