Notices

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Go for it Kontorri...... we are holding our breaths..... and will wait for it!!!!

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Just a little side track:

On the 770, is tearsync an option? I played with a ZenW for a week or so and loved the lack of tearing (my only big complaint about vids on the 770).
There is some hope for tearsync. You can check the last fanoush's posts in this thread.

Also, without the overhead of decoding, what type of performance could we see. Im wondering basically how a native framebuffer/raw or likes video would perform on the little guy. The reason is I' curious if a decoding solution streaming between the HD or LAN and IT would affect things if in a 'more' native format.
This might be interesting to investigate, but we need to ensure some reliable and fast method to stream lots of data to the device. Bluetooth is too slow, wifi is not very fast either, in addition, wifi is quite unstable on my Nokia 770 device and results in various bugs.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Are you sure the pad works with divx files?? For me it works well with avi files but works partially ok with flash files and does not at all work with divx files.
May be it is a problem with that particular file???

Any way how do you skip 10 minutes...... when i press that icon which comes after pressing the menu..... nothing happpens.... am i missing something???
Most likely this divx file is incomplete (partially downloaded) and missing index. It is possible to rebuild index automatically, but this feature is not working properly because of toolchain/compilation related problems: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=54&atid=269

The next build of mplayer will use upgraded toolchain, probably it will resolve the problem.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Hey Serge:

I am currently building support for mplayer videos to ukmp. Going swell, except for the fact that mplayer is missing video out jpeg codec. I would use it to create thumbnails of each of the videos on the device.
I have enabled jpeg and png output codecs in SVN, the next mplayer build will have them supported.

And thanks a lot for starting development of an advanced gui frontend, maybe we will be able to get rid of the current placeholder gui eventually.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Serge View Post
Most likely this divx file is incomplete (partially downloaded) and missing index. It is possible to rebuild index automatically, but this feature is not working properly because of toolchain/compilation related problems: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=54&atid=269

The next build of mplayer will use upgraded toolchain, probably it will resolve the problem.
Can you consider adding the video out of jpeg (or gif ... or png) as well? If it doesn't add too much to the binary size?

I have a new 770 with OS 2006 and have been looking through this and other threads, trying different methods to stream .flv to MPlayer. Downloading and playing .flv works great, but I have not had much success playing .flv directly from YouTube without fully downloading first.

I followed the instructions here:

Nickster's Opera Mplayer setup, but I chaged runmplayer to contain:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -framedrop -vo x11 -ao gst -ac dspmp3 -cache 800 "$1"
Then I added this [File Type] to opera.ini:

Code:
video/flv=7,/usr/bin/runmplayer,,runmplayer,flv,|
With these settings, I managed to get a couple videos to play in MPlayer by clicking the .flv link in Opera, but the playback was very jerky. Downloaded files play smoothly. I don't think it's a network speed issue, because when I download .flv files they seem to download faster than real time. I thought changing the "-cache 800" value might help, but I didn't have any luck. Videos were still equally jerky or didn't play at all.

Also, I tested a few dozen other .flv links from Youtube and none of them even started to play. Why do many .flv links refuse to even start MPlayer?

Does anyone have suggestions to change my settings above to get more consistent and smooth streaming playback of .flv videos from the internet? Or is that goal beyond the limits of the Nokia 770/Opera/MPlayer?

Also a related question, when I add File Types to the opera.ini the setting below will always try to directly open and start playing MPlayer. Is there a way to modify this line, so I can see a "Save or Open?" dialog when clicking .flv file links? Otherwise, I have to go in and change the opera.ini everytime I want to switch from streaming to downloading.

Code:
By the way, I have tried orb streaming, but I would prefer to be able to stream .flv directly to my 770 with as close to the quality of playback of a downloaded .flv as possible.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mardin View Post
I have a new 770 with OS 2006 and have been looking through this and other threads, trying different methods to stream .flv to MPlayer. Downloading and playing .flv works great, but I have not had much success playing .flv directly from YouTube without fully downloading first.

I followed the instructions here:

Nickster's Opera Mplayer setup, but I chaged runmplayer to contain:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -framedrop -vo x11 -ao gst -ac dspmp3 -cache 800 "$1"
Then I added this [File Type] to opera.ini:

Code:
With these settings, I managed to get a couple videos to play in MPlayer by clicking the .flv link in Opera, but the playback was very jerky. Downloaded files play smoothly. I don't think it's a network speed issue, because when I download .flv files they seem to download faster than real time. I thought changing the "-cache 800" value might help, but I didn't have any luck. Videos were still equally jerky or didn't play at all.

By the way, I have tried orb streaming, but I would prefer to be able to stream .flv directly to my 770 with as close to the quality of playback of a downloaded .flv as possible.
Have you tested uktube?

Next version, which is ready, but I haven't launched it yet, includes support for streaming of youtube clips as well. I'll try to get it out today.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Have you tested uktube?

Next version, which is ready, but I haven't launched it yet, includes support for streaming of youtube clips as well. I'll try to get it out today.
Thanks, I have read about uktube, but I don't have enough space for Python yet. I'm waiting for my new MMC card to arrive. I will definitely give it a try then.

I would still like to know if anyone has suggestions for improving streaming with the approach I was trying above.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Have you done any benchmark tests with latest firmware? Does it improve video playback?

Hello.
when trying to play movies from youtube, the audio cannot be shifted,
ie synced manually to the video throught the menü of mplayer.

just wanted to ask: isn't that feature implemented, or this does not only work
when playing flv files?
Thnx ain advance, Marian