Originally Posted by gunni View Post

Maybe i will cancel my preorder, and wait for the N900+1 device. Cant be so long after the N900 is finally released
Anyone for an N900 Mini? Preorder now http://talk.maemo.org/images/smilies/wink.gif

To make my statement clear: I dont mind that the N900 will (maybe) come on 25. November. I am a bit disappointed, that the timeline changed day by day:
end september
12. october
30. october
"during november"
25. november
2012 ...

I dont know. Thats bad communication. Saying "during november" when knowing it will released end of november is no good behaviour. Its just a "marketing" statement to clam down the crowd (me), but its not good.
Why not stating "End of the year" (ok, "End of 2009" should be better, to not wait longer than maybe 2011). Or why not saying "Sorry, we cannot keep our timeline because of *insert_any_true_reason_like_hardware/software_problems_here*.
I am really bad disappointed by this kind of communication to us.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by gunni View Post
To make my statement clear: I dont mind that the N900 will (maybe) come on 25. November. I am a bit disappointed, that the timeline changed day by day:
end september
12. october
30. october
"during november"
25. november
Where have you been getting these times *from*? On all of the official Nokia sites I've looked at, it's *always* just been along the lines of "late X", "tentative november", etcetera.

Other places have obviously been giving all sorts of funny dates, but that's because they want your preorder (and then hope and pray that the date becomes fact) - not because they have insider information on when it's going to be, and obviously, it doesn't work to give a date that is in the past.

Obviously my view of this is somewhat tainted, as I've primarily been checking Nokia UK, but I've also wandered around Nokia Finland, and a few of the other local stores, and I've never seen *any* officially released hard date.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Where have you been getting these times *from*? On all of the official Nokia sites I've looked at, it's *always* just been along the lines of "late X", "tentative november", etcetera.
The october dates are taken from shop.nokia.de (as is the 25th of november date). N97 mini also has been pushed to 3rd november now (and it was at 9th of october)

Yes the hard dates were all placed on shop.nokia.de
And the official Nokia site should know when the thing is done.

That's it. I'm out. Just called Nokia and cancelled my preorder.

Seriously, all of us have ponied up $550-$650 for a phone sight unseen. We've practically volunteered to be the first round of real-life testers of a new product (how many of us ordering a new half-a-G linux phone aren't technically aware) and we've been rewarded for that with

- being kept in the dark
- when any information *is* offered, it's vague or incorrect
- first "official" announcement is, three days before they've been saying it will ship, that it will be delayed another month.

For god's sake, rumors about the *next* Maemo are out before they release this one. What a crappy job they did with a group of people who were sold on the phone as soon as it was announced.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by range View Post
The october dates are taken from shop.nokia.de (as is the 25th of november date). N97 mini also has been pushed to 3rd november now (and it was at 9th of october)
Strange. I'd not checked Germany, but if that's the case, it smacks of (internal) miscommunication to me.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
sounds like the N900 comes with Duke Nukem Forever and GNU Hurd preinstalled !!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Strange. I'd not checked Germany, but if that's the case, it smacks of (internal) miscommunication to me.
The poster you're referring to ignored the German word "voraussichtlich" -- what he quoted above (and read as a precise date) has to be translated as "shipping will probably be possible by November 25", which isn't in contradiction to Peter's earlier statement at all. No miscommunication, in my opinion.

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda