Notices

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Hi again, Marshall! The package you put in extras-devel didn't install for me using regular means, because it replaces files that another package originally installed by "python-dropbox-client". It needed the --force-overwrite parameter.
Thx for the hint, i'll modify the package so that it will install without --force-overwrite.

Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
I was wondering about why DropN900 doesn't give any progress indication, percentage or anything, when up- or downloading? Is there a API-related reason or something similar to it that it can't be done or isn't plausible?

I know this isn't an app that's supposed to be used for stuff over 100MB in size, but still. Sometimes you have to transfer large files, and it's kind of a game of guessing now to know if the transfer's even still working.
Performance improvements are next on my todo list. I'll try to speed up the syncing process with the delta function, which is provided by the new api.
About download/upload speed: Has anybody used dropn900 with the old api and can say that it's slower now? This could be the case because of the modifications i had to make to use the python OpenSSL module instead of the ssl module. I also plan to add progress bars for upload/download

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sunil View Post
Hi Raimu, also tried installing old dropn900 from repo but could not. Would you please give me the code you used to install. I do not know how to use the --force-overwrite parameter. Thanx in advance.
Look here for a working version of dropn900. You don't need the package raimu talked about atm, that package (dropbox-python-sdk) will be needed once a new version of dropn900 is in the repos

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Constanța, CT, Romānia
So i installed the app and the api after i had the repo version of dropn900.

When i first started it. It showed me the "take me to the autentication" button enabled and the other one disable. So i logged into Dropbox from the web. Then i pressed the "request authentication token" button and it showed a notification saying "Autenticating" but there was nothing happening after that and i waited for a long time. I closed the app.

I edited the settings.ini file because the sync-path was set to none. I set it to "/". I started the app, after a few moments it said i'm logged in but on the left pane of the app (where the file and folder list is supposed to be) looks empty.

Is there a way to fix that?

The Following User Says Thank You to LauRoman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LauRoman View Post
So i installed the app and the api after i had the repo version of dropn900.

When i first started it. It showed me the "take me to the autentication" button enabled and the other one disable. So i logged into Dropbox from the web. Then i pressed the "request authentication token" button and it showed a notification saying "Autenticating" but there was nothing happening after that and i waited for a long time. I closed the app.

I edited the settings.ini file because the sync-path was set to none. I set it to "/". I started the app, after a few moments it said i'm logged in but on the left pane of the app (where the file and folder list is supposed to be) looks empty.

Is there a way to fix that?

What does the log window show?
Please also try to reset the authentication, maybe that will help.

Last edited by Marshall Banana; 2013-07-20 at 09:11. Reason: Spelling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
I had 0.1.9 installed and working but then it stopped starting. It crashes to desktop after a few seconds of loading. Not sure what broke it. 0.2.2 seemed to install OK but didn't fix anything. Latter also stopped DropN900 appearing in the list of shcortuts when trying to add one to a desktop?

Code:
/opt/dropn900 # run-standalone.sh python dropn900.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dropn900.py", line 12, in <module>
    from dropbox import client, rest, session
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dropbox/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from . import client, rest, session
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dropbox/client.py", line 52, in <module>
    from .rest import ErrorResponse, RESTClient
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dropbox/rest.py", line 8, in <module>
    import pkg_resources
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Last edited by _David_; 2013-07-30 at 07:33.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Constanța, CT, Romānia
So i sort of fixed my previous problem with the empty dropbox window by changing the file
Code:
/usr/share/applications/hildon/dropn900.desktop
I changed the entry
Code:
Exec=/opt/dropn900/dropn900.py
to
Code:
Exec=osso-xterm "run-standalone.sh python /opt/dropn900/dropn900.py"
It seems to work now but it also opens a terminal window in the background and i have to be careful not to close it by mistake.

Is there any way to have that terminal window disappear, or not start at all?

Is there any way i could fix file permissions or something so that i don't have to worry about editing that .desktop file?

The Following User Says Thank You to LauRoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Azerbaijan,Baku
i have a authenticate problem.i write email and password right but it says that it's invalid.Why?

Originally Posted by IlkinPark View Post
i have a authenticate problem.i write email and password right but it says that it's invalid.Why?
I have this exact same issue at the moment, I can't seem to login

Says: Email and/or Password invalid. And I've tried copy pasting stuff and also typing both the details manually and check them several times. Can't figure out what's the issue.

Kindly help

Same here...

I registered on dropbox.com and tried to authenticate on N900, without installing any other client, but no way to do it

Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Same here...

I registered on dropbox.com and tried to authenticate on N900, without installing any other client, but no way to do it
Just found this here : https://github.com/jonnenauha/DropN900

"2013 update
===========

This was a hobby project of mine to try out Maemo5 development when I got the N900.
Since then Dropbox has deprecated the API version that this app is using, so DropN900
will no longer work (should not at least).

I don't have any plans to update to the new API due to
1) N900 is no longer my main phone
2) I don't have time for this project anymore due to work etc.

I'm sorry about this to all of the users this app gained over the years!"

The Following User Says Thank You to DaReaper For This Useful Post: