Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Wow, this thread's taken a turn for the pathetically hilarious.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Using latest extras-devel kp50 and bleeding-edge drivers compiled for kp50, I'm unable to use Cleven. I've replaced files in /opt/cleven/compat-wireless with new ones, from package for kp50 - I've also ensured that file(s) ownership and permissions are exactly same as after fresh Cleven install. Everything to no avail.

I'm pretty sure, that my modules are OK - I've tested them with fAircrack (same method, drop-in replace of files compiled for kp <=49, with files for kp pre50 & up), and it's working fine.

Saturn, You probably know what is wrong already, but just for the records - after trying "load injection drivers", MAC dissapears. After "enable monitor mode", *both* "enable monitor mode" and "disable monitor mode" buttons are available. When trying to scan, message about "drivers not in correct state" appear.

Cosmetic addition - using kp50 (pre50) Cleven complains about "proper kp not found".

/Estel

// Edit

Wouldn't it be more sane, to provide user-configurable path to compat-wireless folder (module files, to be more precise), instead of distributing it with Cleven itself? Current approach is going to be PITA with every new KP release, that change anything regarding wifi.

Or, at least, it could use same approach as with reaver (finding it and copying) - inferior IMO, due to unnecessary doubling of files, but still better than current situation.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-03-19 at 04:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I think the best way to go, would be to have appropriate packaging for injection drivers instead.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Using latest extras-devel kp50 and bleeding-edge drivers compiled for kp50, I'm unable to use Cleven. I've replaced files in /opt/cleven/compat-wireless with new ones, from package for kp50 - I've also ensured that file(s) ownership and permissions are exactly same as after fresh Cleven install. Everything to no avail.

I'm pretty sure, that my modules are OK - I've tested them with fAircrack (same method, drop-in replace of files compiled for kp <=49, with files for kp pre50 & up), and it's working fine.

Saturn, You probably know what is wrong already, but just for the records - after trying "load injection drivers", MAC dissapears. After "enable monitor mode", *both* "enable monitor mode" and "disable monitor mode" buttons are available. When trying to scan, message about "drivers not in correct state" appear.

Cosmetic addition - using kp50 (pre50) Cleven complains about "proper kp not found".

/Estel

// Edit

Wouldn't it be more sane, to provide user-configurable path to compat-wireless folder (module files, to be more precise), instead of distributing it with Cleven itself? Current approach is going to be PITA with every new KP release, that change anything regarding wifi.

Or, at least, it could use same approach as with reaver (finding it and copying) - inferior IMO, due to unnecessary doubling of files, but still better than current situation.

I have the same problem.I have replaced files in /opt/cleven/compat-wireless and home/user/MyDocs/wl125-drivers I have installed http://david.gnedt.eu/blog/wl1251/;
Version 0.2 binary build for kernel-power v50 (<1Mb)
Version 0.2 source code (484 MB), but I get: WARNING: The system did not find a supported kernel version Known for the injection drivers. The apllication mighy not work properly. This in Cleven, in Faicrack I get: Your operating system does not support injection lxp drivers .... I have correctly installed the drivers compatible with kp50 and I have the source code. Could indicate that we are doing or is an error of kp50. Could please tell me how to install the source code, follow this procedure:

Today, 01:22 PM

Report This | # 472
1-kernel update to v50
2-dl the driver 484 mb
3-unzip Them in MyDocs
4-copy the folder in home / user
5-now i have in home/user/wl1251-memo: build-wl.sh. compat.tar.bz2, compat-wirless-2.6.tar.bz2, wirless-testimg.tar.bz2
6-unzipp all 3 files. Sudo tar-xjf bz2 wirless-testimg.tar.bz2

and this:

03-13-12, 06:28 PM

Report This | # 462
Originally Posted by 1DarkChaos View Post

sorry for my noobness But how do i install the new source code?
please help, thank you!

General compiling ...
For small things, it can be done on-device. So, download the tar.gz and unpack Into an ext3 folder (not MyDocs).
Once decompressed, the usual procedure is to list all objects in the folder eg
Code:

cd / home / user / <folder>
ls-a

Sometimes, there's a configure script. If so, run
Code:

. / <conf-scr>

Then finally, one runs to "make" tool, Which Creates the executable as per the instructions in the configuration:
Code:

sudo. / make install

- The Appropriate complier (s) Must be installed if source is not written in a scripting language.

For large software, compiled on a PC (using scratchbox, creator, etc..) And make sure you're building for arm/x11 (or maemo5 if possible!)

but when i try to do the ./configure I get a permission denied? do u know what is going on

Please help me
Attached Images

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-03-19 at 22:08.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
I have the same problem.I have replaced files in /opt/cleven/compat-wireless and home/user/MyDocs/wl125-drivers I have installed http://david.gnedt.eu/blog/wl1251/;
Version 0.2 binary build for kernel-power v50 (<1Mb)
Version 0.2 source code (484 MB), but I get: WARNING: The system did not find a supported kernel version Known for the injection drivers. The apllication mighy not work properly. This in Cleven, in Faicrack I get: Your operating system does not support injection lxp drivers .... I have correctly installed the drivers compatible with kp50 and I have the source code. Could indicate that we are doing or is an error of kp50. Could please tell me how to install the source code, follow this procedure:

Please help me
fAircrack injection driver check currently only works for Power Kernel upto KP49. I have not yet been able to test it for KP50 and corresponding drivers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
Despite message about compatibility, fAircrack works fine with modules replaced with new ones.

The question is, why the same trick doesn't work for Cleven?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Despite message about compatibility, fAircrack works fine with modules replaced with new ones.

The question is, why the same trick doesn't work for Cleven?
When you copy the new files, leave the load.sh and unload.sh scripts that come with cleven. If you replace them then you'll have the problems you described.

New package with kp50-compatible injection drivers doesn't contain load.sh and unload.sh, so it couldn't be overwritten. Just to be on safe side, I reinstalled it clean again and ensured, that load.sh and unload.sh isn't touched. Yet, problems persist.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
hi
i just updated the kernel to v50 and installed the app
i run the app and it keeps giving me (WARNING: the system did not find a known compatible kernel version for the injection drivers
the application might not work properly )
i did the configuration
then i go to capture packets
i tap on Scan and it doesn't find anything

so what i have to do ?

You have to read one post before Yours, or, if You don't feel lazy, at least last page of thread, where you're posting...
---

As for merit, I think Saturn is quite busy now, so we must wait a little more for proper solution.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver