Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Well, i explicitly tried sellers that others did not, to report on them here. so i think the ones that changed to 1888yuan but delivered earlier still have some tablets.
Another interpretation of the price raise could be that there are very few tablets left... Oh oh...

But as i still calculate on a chance to be among the >400 lucky bastards of original delivery, i will wait until that chance has passed before trying again.
Also my 229.19$ (1298yuan) still reside at yoybuy, the 4,4% paypal fee is nothing i want to pay twice when possibly trying next time...

Jolla sent following reply only one hour after asking gently for process details yesterday:
Jolla support is completely useless right now. You will get a more correct answer if you ask joe in the streets.

to me this indicates that Jolla have no clue what they are doing, they don't have the 500 more tablets. What I think happen was...Jolla payed for 500 tablets but dident receive them but even so they told us they have it then...the factory learned that other suppliers pay more for the tablets sold them to them instead since Jolla broke the original deal. So now we are scamed by Jolla again, Jolla is scamed by factory and the overall scam continues.

Another thing I fear is that they keep more of them in house for dev/test/demo purposes, especially if they hiring more people.

@Mosen. You should get a tablet since you are basically next n line.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-03-06 at 08:06.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
@Mosen. You should get a tablet since you are basically next n line.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but i sense f****p and prepare for not recieving one...
I pledged 199$ very early to support them with extra 10$.
No, i didn't, i simply misclicked.

With 121 tabs sent 2015, and 77 2016, i should have been in 1st wave invites with #161.
There are already happy jtab owners that pledged some minutes later than me.
In worst case, jolla only has a backerlist sorted by pledge amounts and no clue on "actual" chronology of orders.
But lets see, i am 50/50 on being lucky.

I know happy jtabber (one of those lucky 77) who had Jolla Phone since 2013 and because of that he had already Jolla Store account. He paid taxes 09/2015 without invitation and had jtab before earlier backers.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post

yeah, but i sense f****p and prepare for not recieving one...
I pledged 199$ very early to support them with extra 10$.
No, i didn't, i simply misclicked.

With 121 tabs sent 2015, and 77 2016, i should have been in 1st wave invites with #161.
There are already happy jtab owners that pledged some minutes later than me.
In worst case, jolla only has a backerlist sorted by pledge amounts and no clue on "actual" chronology of orders.
But lets see, i am 50/50 on being lucky.
Jolla said that they honor the order we pledged, nothing about the amount. Seems that Jolla scamed us and you are suffering extra. Should not matter what amount but when you pledged. Both 189 and 199 was both estimated to May 2015.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Jolla said that they honor the order we pledged, nothing about the amount. Seems that Jolla scamed us and you are suffering extra. Should not matter what amount but when you pledged. Both 189 and 199 was both estimated to May 2015.
Seems like those that care the most get hurt the most. This is worse than a scam. It's a scam scam.

Actually I don't know what a scam scam is but I thought it sounded good!

Let's see if Jolla doing something right this upcoming week. We are still missing a few hundred jPads and millions of dollars

Action Jolla, not words. Actions!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Now that ^^^ makes more sense than anything here...
forget waiting for Jolla...
diy.
Then things bloody well get done.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Then things bloody well get done.
Been there.
Done that.

You sure have a solution how to power the pi reliably for some hours and reduce the thickness and weight a bit?
I used a 6000mah powerbank and the total weight was still "impractical".
Atleast thats where this hack ended for me and the pi went back to its pibowcase doing Kodi/OSMC hooked to a projector.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund