Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Just a heads up. I have added the options to specify throttle, frame skip, number of drives and if your N900 is overclocked or not, when submitting compatibility reports to my site.

You can also update any of your older compatibility reports with this information.

I have exported a new copy of the Wiki compatibility page along with some tweaks to the design. I noticed github happily supports plain HTML in its Wiki so it allowed me to make things more interesting.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2010-06-16 at 02:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cattuong89 View Post
hey guys, where can i download DreamCast games for the UAE4Allemulator ? thx in advance !
Errr.. What??

UAE is a Commodore Amiga Emulator.. NOT Dreamcast..

I guess the confusion comes from it being an Amiga emulator, for the Dreamcast, ported to the N900, with bits of the GP2X version thrown in for good measure.

My Websites

Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Errr.. What??

UAE is a Commodore Amiga Emulator.. NOT Dreamcast..
errr...so sorry about that...i'm a newbie to the Amiga games(never play this before) .... can anyone show me a detailed instruction in how to play these games. i am having a problem at 'Select the images', for ex.my game is The Shadow of the Beast, it has 2 files : BEAST1-1.ADF and BEAST 1-2.ADF, everytime i select one of them and choose to play game, it just appears a dark screen, nothing happens then. So can u guys show me how to play the game ? thx in advance !
sr for my bad english

can anyone help me solve my problem, pleaz ?

@Alex Atkin UK

Do you know if anyone has got a better menu UI working on this emulator?

Don't want to bother smoku with this, he is cracking on with the psx4all port.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I am working simultaneously on both. These are very similar.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Oh ok, didn't want to bother you.

Thats great news thanks.

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Thank goodness, I for one have no motivation to play PSone games on my N900. :-p

I am only really interested in games that play well without any addons. As such even with UAE4All I think the ONLY things I might play regular are Pinball Dreams/Fantasies (once the controls are fixed) as all other games are quite tricky to control with the keyboard compared to a joypad.

Its a real shame nobody ever got the balance quite right between a phone and a games console. Nokia really jumped on the bandwagon too early with N-Gage, the technology was not there to make it small/light enough at the time but I think it is today. All we really need is a Nintendo DS style d-pad (the super-slimline D-Pad from the original DS) stuck on in a reasonably comfortable position and these things would work a lot better. I think with the slimline pad you could even put your ear on it without discomfort.

It amazes me there are so many games for the iPhone that control poorly due to lack of a D-pad and buttons. I have been playing Warblade (aka Deluxe Galaga) on my iPod Touch recently and while its good, the control scheme really suffers - you just can't do the same millisecond reactions you could on PC/Amiga. If UAE4All didn't cut the bottom of the screen off (sadly due to the N900 screen not having enough vertical pixels for perfect pixel doubling) then Deluxe Galaga would kick Warblade iPhones *** big time for controls.

My Websites

Picodrive - UAE4All

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
http://www.open-pandora.org/