Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
I got an vikuiti dqc-160 installed. Not that impressed, some edges doesn't stick down. Or do i have a faulty one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guyver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I bought vikuiti dqc-160 and I´m quite happy with it. It made screen feel a little plastic/soft so swiping with stylus feels a bit friction. Browsing in menus and pressing large buttons i do not feel any difference, but browsing internet and pressing little links feels like i have to give maybe a bit more pressure.

I do no have any comparatives so it's really hard to tell about reflection but in indoors it looks good.

Fingermarks do no anymore stick so easily.

Actually one reason why there is not anymore so much finger marks might be microfiber pouch which cleans screen basically automatically when it's in my front pocket Haven't seen no-one to comment on this nice bonus, but what i have experienced it feels that it really gets cleaner in my pocket

.edit
Guyver
I have also one edge bit lose, but that's because i can clearly see that there is some particles. Maybe you should try to clean or take tape to clean that. How did you clean screen before applying? If there is some grease?

Last edited by slender; 2010-01-12 at 07:40.

Guys,

I had to return my phone due to the issues I was experiencing.

Unfortunately I have 2 Brand new Clarivue screen protectors (1 anti glare and 1 ulta clear) available. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I can ship them to anywhere in US.

Thanks

Got some question about Tradition leather case from noreve which I was tending to .... at first.

From the picture it seems the slot for the USB isn't accessible when case when closed - can someone confirm that?

Are there similar cases which allow access to USB and audio jacks?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I bought vikuiti dqc-160 and I´m quite happy with it. It made screen feel a little plastic/soft so swiping with stylus feels a bit friction. Browsing in menus and pressing large buttons i do not feel any difference, but browsing internet and pressing little links feels like i have to give maybe a bit more pressure.

I do no have any comparatives so it's really hard to tell about reflection but in indoors it looks good.

Finger marks do no anymore in stick so easily.

Actually one reason why there is not anymore so much finger marks might be microfiber pouch which cleans screen basically automatically when it's in my front pocket Haven't seen no-one to comment on this nice bonus, but what i have experienced it feels that it really gets cleaner in my pocket

.edit
Guyver
I have also one edge bit lose, but that's because i can clearly see that there is some particles. Maybe you should try to clean or take tape to clean that. How did you clean screen before applying? If there is some grease?
I cleaned it with a micro fibre cloth until it was squeaky clean. If i peel it off, would it still stick back on?

Does anyone care to comment on a "rubberized hard plastic case"? I've been thinking about going this route, as much for shock protection as much as for textured grip and scratch/cleanliness issues.

Something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-MATTE-CASE...item414ba29610

I know the PDair gets mentioned in the wiki
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=26638
but it seems to be the exact same thing, at four times the price, plus shipping.

Mostly I'm interested in hearing any comments from users of this type of case - keyboard/outlet access, ease of sliding, etc.

Thanks you all

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
I cleaned it with a micro fibre cloth until it was squeaky clean. If i peel it off, would it still stick back on?
Hmm. At least in this video it works:
http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-28210.html
And actually when i first tried to put it on it was little off so i had to take it off and try again. And you do not have to take it completely off. You can use tape to take it little off and use another tape to clean off particles.

I cleaned screen with microfiber which was little wet and blowed all the dust particles with compressed air. I think you can use some really mild screen cleaners for screen but I´m NOT compleatly sure.

But off course your vikuiti could be faulty one and if it doesn't stick after trying you should then make reclaim.

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
I got an vikuiti dqc-160 installed. Not that impressed, some edges doesn't stick down. Or do i have a faulty one?

same thing with mine, I do not blame the product I did not get it on straight first time and had to pull it off, when I did that my fingers had to touch the underside, so those areas where it is sticking up are where my fingers touched it I think, so probably has oils or something on it.

Since it does not use adhesive I was told I can pull it off again clean it and put it down making sure not to touch it and it will seal.

While those edges are unsightly I have to admit the quality of the cover itself is perfect. Its totally clear, it did not mess up the texture/feel of the touchscreen (maybe even better than the touchhscreen) and it did not mess up the responsiveness of the screen. So its doing its job and protecting my screen while not making the device handle worse than before installing it.

Im honestly afraid it wont go back on or it will just be worse next time so I am leaving it as is for now. If I was some social butterfly that shows my phone off to everybody I would perfect it but its just my device for my use and the actual display screen is all sealed so no air bubbles or blemishes where it matters.

Last edited by ViciousXUSMC; 2010-01-12 at 11:05.

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
...and it did not mess up the responsiveness of the screen. So its doing its job and protecting my screen while not making the device handle worse than before installing it.
This is quite good but in my tests not that good. For example try to find with your finger/nail lowest force what touchscreen requires to work and make comparison. I think that with big buttons and normal browsing in menus difference is unnoticeable but with webpages and small links I can feel little difference. At least when I´m trying to hit links on very edges of screen. I´m using finger not stylus on these experiments. Cant verify scientifically because I would need some kind of pressure measurement device and for some reason i do not have that kind of equipment right now so this is based on my ISO-90001 standardized feeling :P

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Does anyone care to comment on a "rubberized hard plastic case"? I've been thinking about going this route, as much for shock protection as much as for textured grip and scratch/cleanliness issues.

Something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-MATTE-CASE...item414ba29610

I know the PDair gets mentioned in the wiki
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=26638
but it seems to be the exact same thing, at four times the price, plus shipping.

Mostly I'm interested in hearing any comments from users of this type of case - keyboard/outlet access, ease of sliding, etc.

Thanks you all
I can't speak for the PDair version, but I bought a 3 pack on ebay before I got the phone for like 7 bucks. They suprisingly fit quite well. Phone functions exactly the same: all ports are accessible, sliding is not affected, keyboard access is normal.
I also did drop the phone once coming out of the car. The case stayed on and did its job and the phone was not touched.

Having said that, the only problem is that the small tabs that keep each side of the case on are very weak. After first installing the case, it fits tight with no play but after a while it starts to give some play and become loose. And finally, the little tabs that hold the top piece on break off. The third and last one just failed on me. Installing the case once and never taking it off may lengthen the life, but I doubt it will keep them from breaking eventually.

The other problem with these, is that they add a considerable amount of bulk to the phone. Everyone who sees the phone with the case is amazed at how big it is, but when I take the case off they say 'oh that's not bad'. Without the case I don't mind the phone in my pocket, but with the case it almost doesn't fit. For this reason I'm searching for another solution.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector